Weave Mini Quilt + Your Free May 2016 Calendar

weave (verb) to make (a complex story or pattern) from a number of interlocking elements

A few weeks ago, I mentioned my love of interlocking designs. They work so well in quilting, giving lovely motion to blocks and quilts or creating a wonderful 3D effect. I also mentioned that my May Monthly Mini Quilt had an interlocking design, so without further ado, introducing my new mini, the gorgeous Weave:
Weave is a fun mini to sew and has an easy paper pieced centre block and some lovely pieced borders. It finishes around 14", so its perfect to use as a table topper or lamp mat as well as being a lovely addition to your mini quilt wall. I also think it would make a beautiful cushion front design, especially for a bedroom or sunroom.
I love how those pink diamonds, weave through the centre star and the outer borders, giving the quilt a clever, 3D effect. I raided my fabric stash for this one and combined that lovely bright pink with some "Cottage Charm" fabric by Heather Mulder Peterson, that I had hoarded. They are beautiful fabrics to work with and I love that they finally got their chance to shine, in this little quilt.
I machine quilted mine with my favorite FMQ flowers, as an all over design. They are easy to do and give the quilt such lovely texture. I always use a lovely pearl embroidery thread for quilting, so the effect is soft and the quilting doesn't overpower, but enhance the quilt.
If you would like to make your own Weave Mini Quilt, from today until the end of May, PDF patterns are available at the discounted price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, patterns are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
And lastly, I've also got your free May Calendar, featuring the gorgeous Weave:
To download and print your free May 2016 calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love Weave as much as I do. Its a gorgeous mini and mine is proudly hanging on my studio wall along with my growing mini quilt collection. I do hope May is another wonderful month for you and your families. In Australia, during May, we celebrate Mother's Day so to all the mum's and grandmothers out there, ,....... Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your special day :)
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊