Corona Mini Quilt + Your Free June 2016 Calendar

With May almost over (and where did that month go BTW??),  it is time to release my new June Mini Quilt and your free June 2016 Calendar.  This month I have a lovely pieced mini for you, featuring a gorgeous array of stars, all encased in a soft and pretty corona.  So without further ado, introducing my new June mini quilt,  Corona:
A corona is an aura of plasma which surrounds the sun and other celestial bodies. We all love a stunning star quilt and this design is based on the "Star and Corona" quilt block, with my addition of the extra smaller sawtooth stars in the centres.
The light blue corona links those beautiful stars, giving them their own celestial glow. I chose a strong colour palette for this mini and I love how dramatic the larger star's appear, pieced in that rich red and navy fabric.
I chose a softer palette for the smaller sawtooth stars, but they still feature strongly in this quilt. Corona is easily pieced, using lots of flying geese units and a few squares and rectangles and its a fun and quick little mini to sew. Although my palette is quite uniform, this design would look lovely with a more scrappy look. I shopped my stash for this mini and I think that all the fabrics work quite well together.
Corona finishes at around 17" square, so your cut pieces are quite generous, without lots of my trademark "teeny tiny" pieces to work with. This quilt would be perfect to use as a table topper or wall hanging but I'm also sure it would make a stunning full size quilt, if you made multiple blocks and sashed them together.
I quilted my Corona mini with some all over stippling, which gives the quilt that lovely texture and I finished it off with that gorgeous navy binding, giving the mini that perfect frame.
As always, the PDF pattern includes step by step written instructions and clear colour diagrams, to help you along the way. I've included a colouring sheet to assist with fabric/colour selections prior to making your Corona mini and I've also included two options for hanging your mini quilt, using either a hanging sleeve or corner pockets.
If you would like to make your own Corona mini quilt, from today until the end of June, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, they are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
And lastly, I have your free June 2016, calendar, featuring the gorgeous Corona:
To download and print your free calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love Corona as much as I do. It was a fun mini to design and sew and its a gorgeous addition to my growing collection.
Happy sewing :)

1 comment

  1. Another pretty mini, love these colors, will have to save up for this one or maybe the others I don't have hmmm?? Thanks for sharing. Guida

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊