Electra Mini Quilt + Your Free February 2017 Calendar

We are still enjoying a lovely long Christmas break and we've spent a lot of time being tourists in our own home state. We've been exploring places we generally drive through or past on our way to other destinations. Its been lovely to leisurely stroll the streets of these little country towns, browsing the antique shops and taking in all that Tasmanian history. Sadly though, our holidays are creeping close to the end and it will be time for things to return to normal.
Its also time for my new monthly mini quilt and your free February 2017 Calendar. This months mini quilt, is simple, stunning and lots of fun to sew, so welcome to my pattern family the gorgeous Electra:
This mini is perfect for the beginner quilter or for someone (like me), who just loves to piece. Its a simple design but I think its simplicity is what makes it so stunning. I chose a classic black and white palette, using some soft grey fabric for shading and that lovely pop of purple in the centre. I think this palette really showcases the design but of course, this quilt would still make an impact in bright and colourful fabrics. I shopped my stash for this one and found a new forever home for these fabrics, which always makes me happy.
I'm a huge fan of the Ohio Star block and this design takes that simple block one step further. The construction is quite simple and you can whip up this mini in an afternoon.The quilt finishes at around 15" square so your working with a 5x5 grid and generous sized 3" blocks which aren't fiddly to cut or sew.
I love the little hint of purple in the centre; it really draws your eye to the star and it adds a dramatic pop to the monochrome feel of the quilts palette. You can play around with different colour combinations and placement and give the quilt a whole new look.
I decided to stipple my mini and it always gives a lovely texture without overpowering the piecing and I finished my quilt with some simple black binding which frames it nicely.
Electra would also be perfect to make as a cushion front or make multiple blocks for a full sized quilt or lap quilt.
The PDF pattern comes complete with full step by step instructions and diagrams for easy construction, plus a colouring sheet to help you plan your colour/fabrics prior to sewing and additional instructions to add a hanging sleeve or hanging corners.
If you would like to make your own Electra mini quilt, from today until the end of February 2017, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, they are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
I also have your free February 2017 Calendar featuring the stunning Electra:
To download and print your free calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love Electra as much as I do. I will be back very soon, with another new pattern just in time for Valentines Day, so stay tuned for that one, its pretty. But for now, I'm off to spend a few more days with the family before our holiday ends :(
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊