Week Ending (April 22)


Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you've had an amazing week. It has been a great one for me and sewing for Quilt Market was definitely the highlight (how could it not be).
I have an eclectic Week Ending list for you this week, so here we go:

  • I'm starting this weeks list with a great article on the Quilting Bee. We all like to share our passions and knowledge with like minded people and a quilting bee brings people together. Its a great way to socalise as you work on a large group project or your own individual projects. You can read the article HERE and even if you don't quilt, you can implement these ideas with your friends as you crochet, scrapbook, paint or cook together :)
  • I introduced you to Mister Domestic (aka Matthew Boudreaux) last week and he's just announced his debut fabric line with Art Galley Fabrics called Loved To Pieces. This range is inspired by his gorgeous daughter and her love of flowers and its just stunning. You can drool over the whole range HERE.
  • For my yarn loving friends, have you ever wondered how to wind a centre pull ball of yarn by hand? Well an article popped up in my news feed and it sheds some light for us curious folk. You can read it HERE.
  • I don't know about you but I am an afternoon nibbler. I like to have healthy options on hand so I'm not tempted to munch on sweets or chips and these clean eating Apple and Almond Squares sound amazing. You can find the recipe HERE.
  • Weaving in ends to a crocheter is like basting to a quilter; the not so fun part of our craft but this tutorial may be the solution. This technique allows you to securely weave in your ends as you crochet the rounds. It's definitely worth a look if you dislike weaving in ends. You can read more HERE.
  • I'm a collector of everything and I have way more piping nozzles than I'll ever use. I tend to grab the same ones every time because I know what they do.  I found a very informative chart HERE which might encourage me to expand my skills and actually try some of my other nozzles next time I bake :)
  • And finally, I know its not summer here but I found this gorgeous beach bag to crochet. I love this one because its a great size and its striped, its bright and the pattern looks easy to follow. By the time this project makes it to the top of my to do list, our summer will be on its way again :) You can find the free pattern HERE.
And that's my top seven links for this week.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you find some time to be creative whether its in the sewing room, the kitchen, the garden or in the playroom with your kids. We're off exploring today; no real plans just driving where ever the spirit takes us before winter settles in and the long hibernation begins :)
Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the links. That crochet bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous Anorina? I was excited when it popped up in my news feed :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊