Week Ending (August 12)


Happy Sunday! I hope you've had a lovely week. Its been a very creative one for me so today my plan is to snuggle under a blanket and read... let the men bring me a cuppa :)
My Week Ending list this week is a mix of fun things I found when the internet distracted me, so here we go:

  • Have you seen Anorina's gorgeous Chunky Monkey quilt? I love a Monkey Wrench block and this chunky style is so cool. You could have so much fun with this pattern and she's offering it as a freebie so go and check it out.
  • Ashleigh at Sewrella has a lots of inspiration for Cake Yarn. She has included links to beautiful Knit and Crochet Patterns so if you're looking for a new project and unsure which cake to use, pop on over and read her post.
  • I think we're all guilty of not labeling our quilts. Its part of the process I do not put a lot of thought into and I usually scribble something in one corner with a permanent marker. Ashley from Mommy By Day has inspired me to be more creative with her tutorial How To Attach A Quilt Label To A Quilt. Her label is just gorgeous :)
  • Are you a sweet corn fan? I love nibbling on a juicy cob of corn and Jamielyn has shared a yummy Mexican Street Corn recipe. This one is on my must try list for the week ahead. Yum!
  • I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan and I found this Winter Is Coming blanket. After I finished the Harry Potter blanket I swore I'd never crochet a graphgan again but.........I want this! I really really want it. I can imagine snuggling under it to watch the very last season next year. Please stop me!
  • Are you heading to a quilting retreat soon? This Quilters Portable Station may be just what you're looking for. Its a three in one station; cutting mat, ironing mat and design mat. Its a paid pattern but super cheap :)
  • And finally, brownies don't last very long in this house, they're everyone's favorite. I'm thinking I might try these Milo Brownies. They look delish and they're packed with Milo. Yum!

And that's it for another week. I think I might have another look at the GOT pattern. It wouldn't be as frustrating as the Harry blanket was, would it? Talk me out of it please ;)
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊