Peggy Sue Mini Quilt + Your Free October 2018 Calendar

"Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue, oh how my heart yearns for you,
Oh Peggy, my Peggy Sue."- Buddy Holly

Do you have that song in your head now? I hope so because I want you singing it as I introduce my new mini quilt pattern the sweet and stunning Peggy Sue:


I hope this pattern gets your fingers itching to sew the same way a Buddy Holly song gets your dancing feet tapping :) I love the simplicity of this design and it certainly makes my heart sing.
My parents were huge Buddy Holly (and Elvis) fans so we spent Saturday nights dancing around the record player to songs like Peggy Sue, Rave On and That'll Be The Day. I loved mum's stories about bobby socks and skirts with petticoats, and how her parents disapproved of that Rock and Roll music :) I wonder what they would they think of today's music?



Peggy Sue is a foundation paper pieced pattern and its constructed in eight easy sections. It finishes at around 14" square so the sections are manageable for beginners and expert paper piecers alike. It goes together very quickly and I think the only problem you will have is choosing your fabrics.
I used a mix of Bonnie and Camille fabrics and that gorgeous navy blue fabric. It's a fresh and appealing palette and I love how the red floral makes the central LeMoyne Star pop! Your eyes are instantly drawn to the star so use some pretty fabrics and watch them shine.


I love the shape of this design. The slope of the outer strips is gentle and frames the centre star perfectly. You could use a mix of colours in the strips to make them even scrappier if you like - have fun playing around with different combinations.
I quilted my Peggy Sue mini with some serpentine quilting  at 1/4" intervals and I used the navy binding which frames it perfectly. It looks lovely on my mini quilt wall and yes that song pops in my head every time I see it :)


The Peggy Sue PDF pattern comes complete with full sized FPP templates and step by step instructions and diagrams for ease of construction. There's a colouring sheet to help you plan your colours/fabrics prior to sewing, and I've also included optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers.
There's also some suggestions for using multiples of this pattern for larger quilts. The design does produce a lovely secondary pattern when made in multiples, and the layouts I played around with are gorgeous.


If you would like to make your own version of my Peggy Sue mini quilt pattern, from today until the end of October PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
I also have your free October 2018 calendar featuring the gorgeous Peggy Sue:


To download and print your free calendar just visit HERE.
I hope you love Peggy Sue as much as I do, and as much as Buddy did ;) I'd love to see the mini's you make from this pattern so don't forgot to tag me on social media or email me a photo. I'm sure your version will be stunning :)


Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊