Week Ending (September 16)


Happy Sunday beautiful! I hope you've had a lovely week and managed some creative time and some you time.
Before I start my Week Ending list I wanted to congratulate the winners of the National Quilters Circle Blogger Awards, Bonnie Hunter and Susan Carlson. Very well deserved indeed! I'm a huge, huge fan of Bonnie (I think everyone is), she's the quilt queen! Susan was new to me and I'm so glad I was introduced to her and her blog. She's amazing!
Thanks so much to everyone who nominated and voted for me. To be in the same company as the winners and all the other talented finalists was super exciting! Totally blew me away guys :)
OK, lets get to this weeks list:

  • This Peaches and Cream Coffee Cake looks delicious and its my must try recipe for next week. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits and I'm always looking for recipes to work with them. I can't wait for a slice of this one.
  • Nothing makes me happier than seeing my quilts and blankets dragged around the house and being used and loved. Mending quilts can be a little daunting but this article from Quilters Digest has plenty of tips for Mending A Well Loved Quilt. If your a collector of antique quilts then this article may be very useful for you too.
  • If you're a lover of the sea and all things marine then the Marine Life Blanket CAL has just started. From dolphins to starfish, this blanket is super cute and looks fun to crochet. Make sure you sign up to receive email reminders as each part is released.
  • Have you seen the new Fat Quarter Quilt Along Threadology? This spool quilt is just stunning and they are raising money for a great cause; Make A Wish Foundation. This is their quilt for 2019 and the first block will be posted Feb. 1.


  • Mandy from Crochet Redagape released a new blanket pattern last week called the Crazy Chunky Crochet Blanket. I had to give this one a try and because I'm using different yarn I've had to adapt the pattern a little. I'll share more when mine is done but I'm loving how its going so far.
  • Sew Can She is running a giveaway for a gorgeous bundle of Ombre Stitches fat quarters. This giveaway ends tomorrow (Sept 17) and is only open to US residents but there's 19 fat quarters in the bundle and I'm sure you could have lots of fun with them. Hurry on over and enter!
  • And lastly, have you seen Jenny's Alphabet Pincushions? Every week she is sharing a gorgeous lettered stitchery and some pincushion inspiration. Head on over to her blog, she already at the letter "C".

And that's it for another week; lots of lovely projects to inspire you.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊