Week Ending (September 9)


Happy Sunday lovely. I hope your week has been a kind one. I've been spot firing on a lot of different projects this week but... that's my happy place :)
This weeks Week Ending list is full of fun projects to try so lets get straight to it shall we:

  • Firstly, this article on Stunning Murals from Quilting Digest is well worth reading and the murals are amazing. They represent the sharing of skills and knowledge across generations and I'd so love to see these in person. Enjoy!
  • These Cupcake Pincushions popped up on Facebook and aren't they just adorable? You can never have too many pincushions, especially cute ones right?
  • I'm a huge fan of Iced VoVo biscuits so my must try recipe for next week is the Iced VoVo Pavola from Taste.  The biscuits you buy today are nothing on the ones we had as kids so this might just be a blast from the past. We're having friends over for dinner Saturday night so at least I've got the important stuff planned...dessert ;)
  • Packing for quilt camp or quilt classes just got easier with this Heat Proof Iron Tote. The bag unfolds into a pressing mat and because its heat proof you can pack it all away without waiting for the iron to cool...bonus!
  • If you want to make an early start on some Christmas crocheting, these Mitten Ornaments are super cute. I'm thinking of making a few sets to pop in my friends Christmas cards this year. I think these would look lovely hanging on the Christmas tree.
  • Now that spring is finally here, I'm looking for lighter options for our dinners and I tried this Zucchini and Herbed Ricotta Flatbread the other night. It was a huge hit with my hubby and son, even though it has no meat in it! I'll definitely make this again sometime soon.
  • And lastly, these Quilted Baby Shoes got me all clucky. What a sweet addition they would make to a gifted baby quilt. It is a paid pattern but not too pricey. I think they are adorable and they would make a lovely nursery decoration once bub has outgrown them.

And that's my list for another week. I hope you found something inspiring.
I also wanted to let you know that PDF patterns of my Zig Zag Cushion are now available:


I showed you this pattern earlier in the year when it was published in Handmade magazine but you can now purchase a PDF copy in my Etsy shop HERE and my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊