Twinkle- Two Block Wonder Quilt

I'm super excited to share my latest quilt pattern with you today. You may remember that I'm adding some easier more beginner friendly patterns to my range - a new series of patterns I'm affectionately calling Two Block Wonder Quilts. The first quilt is all finished and I'm so in love with it, so please welcome the aptly named Twinkle to my pattern family:


How gorgeous is that? Two easy blocks, one stunning quilt. Twinkle is a simple combination of  Sawtooth Star blocks and Irish Chain blocks, and they were the perfect choice for my first Two Block Wonder Quilt.
Both blocks are easy to construct and there is some strip piecing involved which makes sewing your blocks quick and accurate. The blocks are a generous 8" square (finished size) so you'll have a nice big quilt in no time at all.
Twinkle finishes at around 72" square so its a generous sized throw but you could add or reduce the number of blocks you sew to make it the perfect size for your needs- my only suggestion would be to use an uneven number for the layout grid ie. 5 x 5, 7 x 7, 11 x 11 etc.


I used a combination of gorgeous Bonnie and Camille fabrics but I'd love to see this quilt in festive Christmas prints, pastels for a babies nursery or trendy, funky fabrics for the modern teenager.  Seriously this design would look stunning in any fabric line or any colour combination, and you can make it as scrappy as you like.
You'll need a mix of fat quarters, a fat eighth and some yardage to recreate your own Twinkle quilt, and its a great design to showcase some of your favorite pretty fabrics.
As always I've included a colouring sheet in the PDF pattern to help you plan your own Twinkle quilt, but I've also included a few diagrams to inspire you to try some alternate colour ways. Hopefully you'll have enough inspiration to put your own stamp on it, and also the confidence to mix it up a little and make this quilt your own.
Its interesting to see how the quilt changes with different colour ways - just remember to adjust your fabric quantities accordingly. I think I fell in love with each of the variations ♥

I kept the quilting really simple because I wanted Twinkle to feel achievable for you on your own domestic machine. It is a big quilt but totally manageable to quilt yourself.
I used a serpentine stitch but some cross hatching, big loopy stippling or matchstick quilting would look just as pretty. You could free motion some lovely designs in the stars but sometimes simple is best, and I just love the crinkly effect the serpentine quilting creates.
The backing fabric was in my stash, and its a sweet print and a little surprise when you flip the quilt over. The binding fabric is the same as the Irish Chain blocks so it frames it perfectly and ties it all together.

There is another reason why I'm super excited about this pattern release - I've just updated the look of my PDF patterns. Twinkle is the first pattern to be offered in this new fresh format and it contains all the usual features but there's also a few new features which I'll let you discover for yourself :)
I do intend to update all of my patterns, but for now all new releases will be available in this format and pattern categories will be colour coded like little family units. Over time you will see my older patterns sporting this new format - slowly but surely, maybe when I find that extra hour in the day ;)


I always try to pack as much information as I can into every pattern because I want you to enjoy my designs and feel guided through the entire process. Hopefully I've also given you lots of options and inspiration so you can take these two simple blocks and sew yourself a stunning quilt, even if this is your first pattern and you're about to embark of your own quilting journey. (welcome btw...it becomes an addiction very quickly!)
If you would like to make your own version of my Twinkle quilt, PDF patterns are now available for $8.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.


I hope you enjoy making your own version of Twinkle. If you have any questions regarding this design please send me an email. Don't be shy, I'm always happy to help and I'll be right there cheering you along every step of the way.
And don't forget I'd love to see your version of Twinkle so make sure you tag me on social media or send me a photo...please! :)


Happy quilting :)

2 comments

  1. Beautiful quilt... I love the pattern and the colors you used... Hugs and Stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You cant go wrong with Bonnie and Camille fabrics, they make beautiful quilts 😍

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊