C2C Pick Up Truck Pillow

One of my favorite people to follow on social media is Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me. She offers so many adorable projects and when I saw her C2C Crocheted Pick Up Truck Tree Pillow, I knew I had to crochet one of these for myself:


Its such an iconic Christmas image and you'll find versions of this vintage pick up truck on prints, cushions, cards and wrapping paper. It makes me long for a real Christmas tree but I'd have to tie it to the roof of my car like Clark Griswold :)
Sarah has captured this image perfectly and she's drafted up two versions for C2C crochet. You can either choose the graph with the tree laying in the back of the pick up (like mine) or there's one with the tree standing up - if you've got time, crochet one of each :)


Instead of buying new yarn for this project, I decided to raid my stash and use what I had.  The colours are fairly close but not quite as vibrant as I would have liked - my pick up truck is more burgundy than red but that's OK.
It only took me a few nights to crochet up, and now I have this gorgeous squishy pillow to snuggle with while I'm watching Christmas movies. The boys love it - its probably the first non girlie thing I've made for the house in a long time ;)


The C2C graphs are easy enough to follow but I notice that someone has shared their written instructions with Sarah so it makes it even easier. She has those on the blog as well and you can find all the details HERE.
It really is a fun project to crochet and make sure you check out the rest of Sarah's blog. She's very creative and she has some gorgeous projects to tempt you. I'm also loving her Snow Globe Ornaments...so darn cute! Do I have time to crochet some??? There's always time ;)


Happy crocheting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊