Week Ending (December 30)


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your Christmas has been wonderful. I think I say this every year but this was the best Christmas ever for our little family! It was a wonderful, relaxed celebration - just perfect :)
As this year draws to a close I wanted to share some BOM/CAL programs to look out for in 2019, and it looks as if its going to be another fabulous year in the crafting world.
Here's just a few of the things I found for this weeks Week Ending List:


  • First up is Miss Lizzy's Sampler Block of the Month 2019 from Gnome Angel. There are two sampler quilts to choose from and pricing is discounted until January 1st so if you want to join the program, now is the time. There's also a bonus for those who join before 2019.
  • Susan from the Felted Blanket has designed a gorgeous blanket for her 5th Dimension Blanket CAL. Its super pretty and I love all of the different elements- its very clever. The CAL details are on her blog, so grab some yarn and head on over. 

  • If you're looking for a modern BOM quilt program, then Bryan House Quilts is running the Stargazer 2019 Block of the Month Quilt. Registration is now open and the quilt is stunning :) I love this colour palette but how fun would it be to play around with different options.
  • The Butterfly Effect CAL is another gorgeous crochet project being offered in 2019. This one is run over 10 weeks and I've definitely bookmarked it to crochet next year. There's a few colourway suggestions offered and I'm leaning towards the romantic past version...so pretty!
  • The Perfect HST BOM is another gorgeous quilt design offered in 2019. I love the use of solids in this quilt and kits are also available from Sewtopia. A very pretty quilt indeed and another clever design.

  • Have you seen Lucy's Sweet Pea Blanket CAL? Lucy has the sweetest designs and her patterns are always well written and super easy to follow. I do love the colours on this blanket - a perfect representation of the gorgeous sweet pea.
  • And finally I thought I'd share the link to a recipe I'm trying for New Years Eve - the Nectarine and Ricotta Tart from Taste Australia. Its recipes like this that make me miss the nectarine tree in the back yard of my childhood home. It looks so yummy and everyone is eager for a slice during our annual NYE Games Night. :)

That's my list for this week. I hope you find a project or two to get you excited about crafting during 2019. I'll be back early in January to release my first mini quilt pattern of the year, so until then enjoy your NYE celebrations, stay safe, make memories (and resolutions, goals or affirmations), laugh, love and hug everyone.
Happy Week Ending :)

4 comments

  1. I am now waiting for the yarn to come so I can do that CAL with the Sweet Pea blanket. I've never done one before. I think it will be interesting. But who could resist those sweet pea colors? Just really beautiful yarn to work with over the months of January and February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy's blankets are always so beautiful and she picks the perfect colours. I'm tempted with this one myself. Have fun :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Rose! Thank you SO much for sharing my Block of the Month with your community - I really appreciate it. Thank you! I hope you had a fabulous festive season and your 2019 is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a sampler quilt Angie. I wish I had time to join in myself :( Good luck with it all, I'm sure it will be gorgeous :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊