Week Ending (February 17)


Happy Sunday creative peeps! Thank goodness its Sunday, this week has been insanely busy and at times, very cold! I need to rest and recoup, and I have no intention of leaving my recliner today.  It's a crochet and Netflix kinda day today - the boys can bring me coffee ;)
What are your plans for today? Maybe you'll find something on this weeks list to get you creating :) Let's see what inspired me this week:

  • First up, how about this gorgeous Crochet Snowplow Blanket? Its a free pattern from Repeat Crafter Me and its adorable, especially for a kids room. All the details are crocheted and then appliqued on to the blanket, which is something I haven't tried yet, and it looks like fun! A super cute project perfect for winter :)
  • This Lets Quilt It tutorial popped up in my Facebook newsfeed this week and its one of the best free motion quilting tutorials I've seen. Karen walks you through every step of her stunning Valentine's Day project and the results are amazing. You really must give this one a try!
  • Roulades are fun to bake and even better to eat, and Sally from Sally's Baking Addiction has this delicious Strawberries 'n' Cream Roll on her blog that looks amazing. I think this might be my must try recipe for the week :)
  • If macramé is your thing (and lets face it, its become so popular again) then this Simple Macramé Table Runner might be the project for you. Its quite pretty and would look great on a sideboard or bookcase or even on your dining table.


  • Have you seen Amy's (Diary of a Quilter) tutorial on Manx Quilting yet? Part two was released this week and this technique looks fun. According to Amy, Manx quilting requires no special tools or supplies and its all done by hand. Go check out her cute blocks and her great tutorial!
  • There are lots of snugly scarf patterns available and I stumbled across this gorgeous Toffee Twist Infinity Scarf. Firstly I just love the colour of this scarf but the pattern is super pretty as well. Its a small investment for a sweet pattern, and I think I might use this to make mum her annual Mother's Day scarf.
  • And lastly, I found this tutorial for a Crochet Pyramid Afghan. If your a lover of 3D then you'll love this pattern. The original pattern was published in 1931 and its very clever and very effective. Click on the link for some inspiration and then follow the link at the bottom to get to the free pattern.

And that's my list for another week - there's some different projects there to tempt you. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and I hope you find some time to be creative today. :)
What movie should I watch first?
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊