Week Ending (May 12)


Happy Sunday lovely and Happy Mother's Day! I hope your day is special and full of love. Relax and let the family pamper you - you deserve all this day brings!
Its been another busy and creative week in the crafting world so finding seven links for you was very easy. I'm constantly blown away by the projects out there and I love living in a world where sharing is so easy.  My mum lived a creative life but she was restricted by the supplies and patterns available to her - she doesn't craft much anymore but Pinterest blows her mind! We're very lucky to craft in this modern world!
So here's my Week Ending list for you:

  • First up is the gorgeous Wildrose Backpack from Stephanie at All About Ami. I've actually started crocheting this one using some grey denim yarn I had in my stash. Mine will be a little bigger because I'm using 12 ply yarn but that's OK! The free pattern is divided into three blog posts and she is running a crochet along in her Facebook group, so there's plenty of support out there to help you crochet your own version.
  • Flat seams are super important and this tutorial Pressing Techniques for the Flattest Blocks is full of great information including the correct height for your ironing station. There's a video to watch and Karen walks you through her process. Go check it out!


  • Are you a Baklava fan but don't have the time to make your own? Well these Baklava Tarts from CSR might be a great alternative. They take less than an hour to make and you'll still enjoy the wonderful flavors and textures of the traditional recipe. This one is on my must make list for next weekend.
  • Over on the Jolly Jabber there's a quilt along for the free Rocket Star Block Pattern. There's also a pattern for the quilt (paid PDF pattern) and you will need a special ruler, but the quilt is stunning and looks fun to make. Blocks finish at 12" square.


  • I love this Cool Colour Block Pillow from Crazy Cool Crochet. Its very Boho and crocheted in SC's using two colours at once. Its a fun technique to try and I adore the fringe! This would look great in any modern home.
  • How vigilant are you with labelling your quilts? I'm dreadful but I found a nifty little tutorial for Quilt Binding With Words using the embroidery letters on your machine. Its definitely prettier than using a marking pen and it might make me actually label my quilts...maybe! ;)
  • And finally, I love love love pinwheels so when I saw this Kindred Pinwheels Quilt my heart soared. There's a free video tutorial to make the quilt and those fabrics are just darling. Its from the super talented Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Company so you know its going to be awesome!
And that's my list for another week. I hope it got those creative juices flowing. I'm off to spend the day with my precious family. They make life a wonderful and amazing experience, and I couldn't be prouder that they call me mum! Love them to bits!


Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊