Week Ending (June 16)


Happy Sunday friends! What a super quick week that was - it always is after a long weekend isn't it? I spent lots of time in the sewing room this week but I still seem to have so many half finished projects. Any progress is good progress and as long as I'm moving forward I'm less likely to feel overwhelmed. :)
In my travels around the web I found some great projects to share with you. Lets see what inspired me this week.

  • First up is this Quilt Block Coaster Tutorial from Stephanie of Swoodson Says. Stephanie uses a sawtooth star for her tutorial but you could use any block you want or use up some of those orphan blocks you have in the cupboard. Its a quick and easy idea and the perfect way to decorate that special corner of your home.

  • Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me has a darling Spring Flower Crochet Coaster that looks adorable as well. This sunflower will bring the outdoors inside and how gorgeous would it look sitting under your favorite cup or a vase of fresh cut flowers. Sweet!
  • I love a bowl of good old mac and cheese but Cauliflower and Ricotta Mac and Cheese just sounds amazing! At this time of year I'm always looking for different ways to use cauliflower so this recipe is my must try for the week.

  • Have you seen the Summerville Beach Hut Collection from Betz White? These felt huts are adorable and perfect for summer decorating. You need to join the club to receive the patterns and the first one is the three huts pictured. So cute!
  • Fabric is a quilter's most prized possession so we need to store our stash correctly. Have a read of this How To Care For Your Fabric Stash article from Quilter Digest for lots of tips and tricks for storing your fabric correctly.
  • Ashleigh from Sewrella released this gorgeous Crochet Cabana Top last week and if you like crocheting garments then you really need to follow her on all social media. Her patterns are always lovely and she offers them free on the blog (with ads) or for a small price in her Etsy shop (without ads). This Cabana Top looks fun and perfect for summer nights.
  • And lastly, you know how much I love sampler quilts, well the Fat Quarter Shop is taking orders for this Sweet Sampler Monthly Calendar for 2020. Each month you'll sew a new block and it includes additional blocks and settings to keep you busy all year. Such a fun idea to gift to fellow quilters and as a to treat to yourself.

And that's my list for another week. I'll be back very soon with Part 2 of my Sewing Machine Cover tutorial and a new recipe. Until then...enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)



Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. I look forward to your posting every Sunday. A good cup of coffee and I am in front of my computer. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jacqueline :) There's so much wonderful creativity and so many talented people out there its hard to narrow it down to just seven some weeks. :) Its one of my favorite things to post about :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊