Week Ending (August 18)



Happy Sunday guys! I hope your week has been a kind one! I'm so glad you're all enjoying this months Classic Quilt Blocks series. You can make so many projects with the lovely Sawtooth Star block - the possibilities are endless!

Lets us a look at some inspiring projects I found this week:

  • In conjunction with Granny Square Day, BHooked released her C2C Granny Stitch Crochet Shawl pattern and it looks so soft and pretty. It's made from one ball of yarn so quite economical as well. 
  • Christa Watson has a guest post of Amy Smart's blog on How to Build a Design Wall. It looks quick and easy and even though its a permanent structure it does seem to be lightweight. The tutorial is quite comprehensive and she even shares how to attach it to your wall.
  • Allison from Woodberry Way is hosting a quilt along for her gorgeous First Snow Quilt. The quilt along runs from September 2 to November 4 and you'll have a quilt all ready for Christmas. Go check it out!


  • My must try recipe for this week is this THE BEST Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I love that its healthy and its looks lush! It would also make a nice treat for the boys lunch boxes - that's if I let them have any. ;)
  • Do you have a treadle machine? I have two and Leah Day has a video tutorial for Treadle Belt Replacement. This is a handy link to bookmark so you're ready when your treadle belt needs replacing.
  • This Smore Kawaii Cuddler is gorgeous. It looks so cuddly and kids are going to love this. Everyone loves a smore so have one to cuddle would be twice as nice! Its a free pattern and looks very quick and easy to crochet.




And that's it for another week. I hope you found something fun to inspire you! :)

Next week on the blog I'm sharing lots of twists to this months Classic Quilt Block plus the cutest free block pattern to sew. I'm also sharing my flying geese cheat sheet to help you sew your own flying geese blocks and units, so stay tuned!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊