{Classic Quilt Blocks} Log Cabin - Flower Garden Mini Quilt Pattern

It's the final week of my Log Cabin Classic Quilt Blocks series and I decided to end this month with something fun.  We've looked at this block's history, we've made one or twenty blocks from the step by step tutorial and free FPP patterns, we've looked at how one block can create fifteen stunning quilts, and today I'm releasing a gorgeous mini quilt pattern that's Log Cabin inspired for you to add to your collection.


Spring is here and I'm trying to spend some time in the garden tending to our flowers and pots and giving our patio area a complete makeover, but it's just not happening right now - after the wedding perhaps!

The gorgeous mini quilt I have for you today will bring a little bit of the spring garden into your home. I doubt you'll be able to resist sewing your very own Log Cabin Flower Garden Mini Quilt:


Cute right? Beautiful Log Cabin flowers that bring the outdoors inside to brighten up your day. I made this quilt for the top of my little bookcase in the sewing room - that area was lacking something and all it really needed was a quilt of garden flowers to make it pretty. Perfection!

The Log Cabin Flower Garden pattern includes three different flowers for you to paper piece, and the PDF pattern has full sized templates to make it super easy and fun.

Let's have a look at each of the flowers:


First up is the stunning Log Cabin Daisy and I love her sweet simplicity. She's a very pretty flower and I'd love to plant a bed full of these beauties in the garden. So much fun to piece and very quick and easy.


Next up is the gorgeous Log Cain Rose and I had to sew this one in red and pink tones. You can almost imagine its aromatic perfume as you walk towards it in the garden, can't you? I'm a sucker for roses and mine are bursting with buds and new growth, ready to flourish quite soon I imagine.


And finally, the beautiful Log Cabin Lily. I really love this block and there's so many possible colour combinations you can chose for this flower.

The blocks are very easy to paper piece and they're a great way to use up some of your pretty fabric scraps. Each block finishes at 6" square and the hardest part about sewing this mini quilt is choosing your fabrics. ;)


I added some narrow sashing between the blocks and then a border all around to make this quilt fit my bookcase, but you can add more borders to make a larger quilt or set them vertical and hang them in that corner of your home that needs a splash of colour.

The PDF pattern also includes full step by step instructions and diagrams for quick construction, a colouring sheet for planning your fabrics/colours and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hanger so you can add your quilt to your mini wall.

The Log Cabin Flower Garden Mini Quilt pattern is part of my new inexpensive {CQB} Mini's collection and is now available for a small price ($1.99 AU + taxes were applicable) in my Etsy shop. Simply click on the link below to purchase your copy:



And that's it for my Log Cabin Classic Quilt Blocks series. I hope you've enjoyed each of the posts and that they've inspired you to use this gorgeous block in some of your future projects.

I've had lots of fun putting these posts together and I've really tried to think of different ways to make you love this block as much as I do.

I have another gorgeous Classic Quilt Block for you next month and I've mentioned a few times that I'm a sucker for this block so I'm excited. You might be able to guess but if not, all will be revealed on Friday October 4!


Happy quilting :)
email signature

3 comments

  1. Your Log Cabin Flower Garden: Daisy, Lily & Rose are ever so pretty. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a tutorial for this, I've never paper pieced. I love this pattern but I don't know how to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy,
      I have several tutorials on paper piecing here on the blog. You can start with this one:
      http://threadbarecreations.blogspot.com/2015/01/tutorial-paper-piecing-part-1.html
      Have fun! :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊