Daisy Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

This month in my Classic Quilt Blocks series I'm shining my spotlight on the gorgeous Log Cabin block, and I thought it might be fun to design a log cabin style quilt as my September mini quilt pattern as a little introduction.

Now this is not your typical log cabin quilt but its heaps of fun to sew and its one of those striking quilts that makes you go WOW! Without further ado, I'm super excited to introduce the gorgeous Daisy to my pattern family.


Isn't she stunning? She's bold, beautiful, eye catching and a fantastic quilt for all your favorite scraps.

Now Daisy is a bit of a country girl and she likes bold, bright colours like her picturesque surroundings, so I used a mix of strong Bonnie and Camille fabrics for my quilt and I love it. The colours are soul warming and those navy flying geese really make an impact.


Daisy is a paper pieced mini quilt which finishes at around 16" square and it sews together a lot easier than it looks. It's all quickly and easily constructed in basic sections and you can make your version as scrappy as you want.

I've included a colouring sheet in the PDF pattern so you can play around with different colour and fabric combinations - she would look lovely in soft pastels, solids or even some lovely Liberty fabrics.

I've also included fabric swatches of the exact fabrics I used so you can source them for yourself.


Daisy is a different take on a traditional log cabin style quilt but she still has that same rustic and homey feel. The flying geese cross just elevates this mini to another level and it does become the focal point of the quilt.

The templates are pieced together in individual strips but don't let that intimidate you - they are quick to sew, and they go together easily. Just remember to cut out any notches as your paper piecing so you can line up pieces perfectly before joining them together. I have a tutorial HERE with some tips for joining foundation paper piecing units.


I quilted my Daisy mini with some serpentine quilting - this was perfect because there are a lot of seams and I didn't want the quilting to be too dense.  I spaced my lines about 1/2" apart and the quilt retained its soft squishy feel.

I used the navy fabric to bind my Daisy mini quilt which gives it a bold frame, and it ties in the flying geese blocks perfectly.


The PDF pattern also includes optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hanger so you can add your quilt on your mini wall.

Daisy would also look lovely as a cushion front or a table topper or make multiples and sew a full-sized quilt - what a stunning, cosy and homey quilt to snuggle under around the fireplace!



If you would like to sew your own version of my Daisy mini quilt, from today until the end of September PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes were applicable in my Etsy shop. Simply click on the link below to purchase your copy.


I hope you love Daisy as much as I do. She is super fun to sew and she makes a striking mini quilt. Don't forget to use the hashtag #daisyminiquilt on social media so we can all see your wonderful creation or send me a photo - it may get featured in one of my upcoming newsletters.

I'll be back tomorrow with the books I read during August and it was a bit of a slow month for me reading wise - the wedding is getting close and I'm busy with projects so there's very little time to read!

And my Classic Quilt Blocks series starts again on Friday with the gorgeous Log Cabin block and I've got lots of fun things planned to make you love this block as much as I do. :)


Happy quilting :)
email signature

2 comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊