Week Ending (September 22)


Happy Sunday lovelies! I hope your week has been a good one. I'm happy to report that the wedding quilt is in the final stages of piecing. YAY! My plan is to have it finished and basted by Friday so I can spend our 16 day school holiday quilting it in my pyjama's. It's so beautiful!

I've put together another list of seven Halloween projects, so lets see what I found:

  • I absolutely adore this free Happy Jack-o-Lantern mini quilt pattern. He's such a happy little soul and hanging on your front door he would greet your guests with a huge smile. Its an applique pattern so it would be quick and easy. If your looking for a FPP Jack-o-Lantern pattern I have a freebie HERE.
  • I thought this Solar Light Jack O'Lantern was a clever idea. Carve your pumpkins and add solar lights to light them up at night. All the tips and tricks are included in the article to help you make your own.



  • How about some Pumpkin Snickerdoodles to nibble on over Halloween (or anytime actually, I won't judge). This recipe from Martha Stewart sounds amazing and I'm adding it to my must try list for Halloween.
  • 3am Grace Designs is hosting a C2C Mini Lapghan Crochet Along. It's being run over five weeks and it has already started but I'm sure you can catch up. From what I've seen it looks lovely and cuddly.
  • The kids will love this Spooky Spider Treat Bag and its looks easy to make with some basic supplies. This could be a project the kids can sew themselves.  You could also use this pattern as inspiration for any applique creature they want this Halloween.



  • This crocheted Trick or Treat Hat is super cute as well. It's a free pattern and looks quick and easy to crochet. Grab your yarn scraps and crochet up a few of these cuties to add to your Halloween decorating.
  • And finally, I tried these Roasted Pumpkin, Sage and Couscous Fritters the other night and they were amazing. If your having a few friends over for Halloween and you need a tasty meal idea then consider these fritters with a fresh garden salad and you're done! I loved these and I served them with some Garlic Aioli and salad. Yum!

And that's it for another week. I hope that got your creative juices flowing for Halloween. Next week on the blog I'm sharing my tips for Gifting A Quilt and 5 Important Things to Include With Your Quilt and in my Classic Quilt Blocks series I have a Log Cabin inspired mini quilt for you to sew - its such a cutie and perfect for this gorgeous Spring weather we're having.

My second article for National Sewing Month went live on Friday so make sure you check that out HERE and don't forget to enter the competition to be in the running for some fun prizes.


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊