Amelia Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

This gorgeous Spring weather has me itching to get out into the garden and plants my flowers and vegetables, but unfortunately, I just don't have the time right now. The next best thing is to surround myself with pretty floral quilts, and this month's new mini quilt pattern hits the spot perfectly.

I love every mini quilt I add to my pattern family, but the stunning Amelia would have to be my new favorite:


Isn't she gorgeous? What better way to welcome in the Spring/Summer months?

The name Amelia means work, but I don't consider time in the garden as working - I find it relaxing! I love pottering around in the flowers, weeding and fertilizing, and my vegetable garden gives me so much satisfaction because the crop tastes so much better than store brought produce.

The older I get the more I appreciate the garden and I can see why my grandfather enjoyed spending hours a day tending to his flowers and vegetables.


I chose a mix of gorgeous fabrics from Sedef Imer for my Amelia quilt and these fabrics capture the beauty of the warmer seasons so well - they make you want to munch on a strawberry or some watermelon, don't they?

I love the colours and prints in her fabrics and I've used them often for projects because she is one of my favorite fabric designers.


Amelia is a paper pieced mini quilt pattern that finishes at around 14" square. It's super fun to sew and it goes together very quickly in eight easy sections. You'll have lots of fun picking fabrics for this one and I've included a colouring sheet to help you plan your mini quilt prior to sewing.

I've also included swatches of the fabrics I used so you can source your own - these fabric lines are quite old now, so search your local fabric shops or online destash accounts if you want to purchase the exact ones I used.


I love a pinstripe binding and this red and white pinstripe finishes my Amelia mini quilt perfectly. I brought yardage of a few of Sedef's pinstripe fabrics because they make the sweetest bindings.

The PDF pattern also includes optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers so you can display your quilt on your mini wall. Amelia is a real stunner and she brightens up my sewing room and adds a touch of summer.

You could also use Amelia as a table topper for a lamp table or coffee table or how sweet would she look as a cushion cover? A few of these scattered in the sunroom would look inviting and fresh.


The Amelia mini quilt PDF pattern also comes complete with full sizes FPP templates ready to print and step by step instructions and diagrams to make piecing your quilt quick and easy. It's a great weekend project and takes no time at all to construct.

If you would like to sew your own Amelia mini quilt, from today until the end of October 2019 PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) (+ taxes where applicable) in my Etsy shop. Simply click on the link below to grab your copy:


I hope you love Amelia as much as I do. She's added a bit of Spring/Summer to my sewing room since I can't get into the garden and plant my own. I usually plant seedlings and watch them grow, but this year I might have to cheat and grab some established flowers and call it a day - you do what you gotta do right!

Don't forget to use the hashtag #ameliaminiquilt when she share your Amelia quilt online so we can all see what you've sewn. Or better yet send me some photos, you know I love seeing them.


Happy quilting :)
email signature

2 comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊