Flurry Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Pinch punch, first day of the month! It's November and that means I'm getting into the Christmas spirit. I've got lots of inspiration planned for you over the next two months and to kick start the festivities I'm releasing the first of my Christmas monthly mini quilts - and this one will have you reaching for your gorgeous solid fabrics.

Without further ado, please welcome the stunning Flurry to my pattern family:


Isn't she gorgeous? I'm obsessed with snow because we don't get it here, but I guess living with it isn't like the Hallmark movies I watch, right. I was outside the other morning and a huge gust of wind blew the last of our apple blossom into the air and for just a second it looked like snow, and I wished it was - it was so pretty!

Flurry is just the prettiest snowflake and I used a gorgeous combination of blues and teals to give her that ice princess feel and make her a real show stopping mini quilt.


Flurry is a paper pieced mini quilt pattern that finishes at around 14" square. She's very easy to sew and is constructed in eight easy sections that paper piece very quickly. You could make this mini over the weekend and have your own version sewn and ready for Christmas decorating.

I'm using my Flurry mini quilt as a table topper in my hallway and I'm combining it with some white tin houses, pillar box candles and my snowflake collection.


For my quilt, I used a FQ bundle of solids I'd purchased at Spotlight almost two years ago - it looked quite pretty on my shelf, but the fabrics look even more stunning in a quilt. I used five colours and a white homespun, but you could add more or less depending on how you envision your Flurry mini quilt.

The pattern includes a colouring sheet so you can plan your colours/fabrics prior to sewing and print a few extra copies to let the kids colour their own snowflakes for Christmas.

I love the two-tone points in this design and it's fun to play with possible colour combinations.


I quilted my Flurry mini quilt with some quick and easy serpentine quilting, and I used a silky white thread to give it some extra twinkle (you probably can't notice this in the photos, but it does twinkle).

I had just enough of the French Blue fabric to bind my quilt, and here's a little tip for you if your using fat quarters for paper pieced mini quilts - cut the bindings from the fat quarter first, so you know you have enough fabric in case you cut the fat quarter oddly or unevenly while paper piecing.


The Flurry Mini Quilt PDF Pattern comes complete with full step by step instructions and diagrams for ease of construction. There are optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers so you can display your mini quilt during the Christmas season.

You really will enjoy sewing this mini quilt, and I'm eager to see your versions this Christmas.


If you would like to make your own Flurry Mini quilt, then from today until the end of November PDF patterns are available in my Etsy shop for the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable. Simply click the link below to grab yourself a copy:


Don't forget to send me a photo of your finished quilt or use the hashtag #flurryminiquilt so I can see what you made with my pattern - I could feature it in next month's newsletter :)

I hope you love Flurry as much as I do and I hope she becomes a focal point in your Christmas decorating this year. :)



Happy quilting :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Hi, I ordered your snowflake pattern. I just love your designs and have been collecting a few for table runners I want to make for my girls for next year. All the blocks are beautiful and I am a big fan of paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled that you love them Teresa, and what a wonderful idea. If you need any help with layout or need them resized, just let me know. I'm happy to help :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊