Crochet Cabled Mittens - Free Pattern from All About Ami

I love a quick and easy crochet project and these warm and cosy Crochet Cable Mittens from Stephanie at All About Ami were super fun to work on!


I love to crochet at the end of a long busy day, but I made the decision to only work on projects I could either wear, use, or gift - with the exception of my Mosaic CAL because that was a project I just had to try.

When I saw the free Crochet Cabled Mittens pattern from Stephanie at All About Ami, I knew I wanted a pair of my own for those cold winter days coming our way -  or though it could be a long cold winter staying safe inside due to Covid-19!


I was immediately drawn to the chunky texture of these mittens and I fell in love with the cable twist, something I always struggled with when knitting. I've crocheted cables before and they are a lot easier than they look, plus they add a classic look to the mittens, don't you think?

Stephanie used Lionbrand's Heartland yarn for her pattern and I was able to source some at our local Spotlight (YAY!). The colours were limited in our store, but I loved the soft grey tones of the Mount Rainer colourway, and it compliments my winter wardrobe.


Look at all that gorgeous texture! And boy do they keep your hands warm and toasty. Hopefully I'll get to test them out this winter - if not I'll just wear them around the house and pretend ;)

The pattern is easy to follow and Stephanie has step by step photos on her blog HERE to help you out. A pair only takes a few nights to crochet, so you can make a whole batch of mittens in all the colours.


I also grabbed a skein of Great Smoky Mountains and I'm loving them in this colour as well. I think I'll also crochet another pair in Katmai because that's the closest cream Heartland yarn available to me, and then I should be good for winter - or though a pink pair would be nice too. ;)

If you haven't tried Stephanie's patterns before then I suggest you go over and check out her blog. She adds new patterns all the time and she's the sweetest soul. She shares lots of wearables and a few blankets and I also go there first if I'm looking for something new to crochet.

Have fun and be prepared to be inspired! I'm going to finish off this mitten and then I might hunt down some pink yarn! :)


Happy crocheting :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Those are the most beautiful crocheted mittens!!!💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so toasty warm Nancy! Can't wait to wear them this winter :) Have fun with the pattern :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊