Candice Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment, and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


September is here, spring is in the air and it's time for a new mini quilt pattern! This month I have the gorgeous Candice for you, and she just melts my heart.  I'm hoping she's going to tempt my non paper piecing friends to come over to the dark side and give FPP a try.

Isn't she a cutie? She looks way more complicated than she actually is, and this month I decided to do something a little different - there's FPP templates for an even simpler version included in the PDF pattern. Does that sound tempting?


Candice is a 14" square mini quilt pattern and she requires four print fabrics and a background fabric. I chose the gorgeous Pepper and Flax fabrics from Cory Yoder because they always add a little sunshine to any design - and didn't they deliver?

I've included swatches so you can source the fabrics I used, and the PDF file includes a colouring sheet for both versions, so you can plan your colours/fabrics prior to sewing. I've also included optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers, so you can proudly display your quilt on your mini wall.


Candice is constructed in four quarters, and the sections are large and extremely easy to paper piece. It's a great pattern for all quilting levels, especially those who want to dip their toes into the exciting abyss of paper piecing.

I understand people's hesitation regarding paper piecing! The first time I tried it, I was glad it was over and I thought I'd never do it again - well obviously I had a change of heart :) There are those who don't like the fabric waste (I hear ya!), those who think it's messy (it is) and those who find removing papers tedious (yes, it can be), but it opens up a whole new world of quilt design. You can achieve more than you ever thought possible once you grasp the concept :) Are you tempted yet?


So, in this month's PDF pattern I've included two options - Candice with the pinwheel and Candice with the wedges. I love both, and how great would they look in a quilt together? If you're worried the pinwheel might be a little difficult to attempt, then go with the wedges. I'm just so happy I can give you options to encourage and support your FPP journey!

Just a note - the PDF pattern includes written instructions and diagrams for Candice with the pinwheel centre, but I've included everything you need for the wedge version as well.


Are you tempted to give Candice a try yet? Just remember I'm always here to help and I do have a few tutorials for foundation paper piecing HERE, HERE and HERE. They include links to You Tube videos and practice blocks to try first, plus you can email me anytime and I'll guide you through and cheer you on!

Don't let paper piecing intimidate you. Once the concept clicks, you'll be sewing designs like a pro!  And trust me, if you can sew Candice you can sew any FPP project!


Candice is a gorgeous mini quilt and I know you'll enjoy sewing either version. It's a great weekend project and a wonderful way to showcase some of your favorite fabrics!

PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop, and from today until the end of September 2020 they're at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable.

Simply click the link below to purchase your copy now:


I hope you enjoy sewing your version of my Candice mini quilt pattern. Make sure you tag me on social media or send me a photo - I love seeing what you're sewing with my patterns. If I choose your project for my monthly newsletter Reader's Project, you'll win a copy of next month's mini quilt pattern! Enjoy!


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊