Coffee/Tea Date Mug Rugs PDF Pattern

Valentine's Day celebrations can be a simple as sharing a cuppa with a loved one! Make it fancy with my pretty and sweet Coffee/Tea Date Mug Rugs pattern!


They say a way to a anyone's heart is food, well for me it's coffee - bring me a steaming hot cup of coffee and I'm yours for life! No matter what I'm doing, there's a coffee mug beside me, so I had to make a pretty mug rug for Valentine's Day to sit it on.

Not everyone loves coffee and I do enjoy the occasional herbal tea, so I designed the Coffee/Tea Date Mug Rugs - one for coffee and one for tea! These are the sweetest set and perfect for Valentine's Day!


Quilted mug rugs are fun and functional, and I like to make them pretty and feminine with beautiful fabrics and a touch of lace. I used some of my favorite Bonnie and Camille prints in the traditional Valentine's Day pinks and reds, and I finished them off with a simple pin striped binding.

You can sew them in different colour combinations to suit whatever occasion your celebrating - Easter is coming soon, so think softs pastels or novelty fabrics. The PDF pattern includes a colouring sheet for each version so you can plan colours/fabrics prior to sewing.


The coffee mug and the tea cup are foundation paper pieced and they go together very easily. There are a few smaller sections to piece, like the handles, but nothing too tricky or overly fiddly.

If you need some help with foundation paper piecing, or if you want to learn this technique, I do have some helpful tutorials here:


There's lots of information, practice sheets and links to other tutorials in these posts, but if there's something you're unsure of I'm here to help and just an email away! :)


The pieced strips are where your mug or teacup sits, and you can make them scrappy like I did, or add a solid rectangle to showcase some pretty fabric - I've included the cutting measurements for both options in the PDF pattern so you can decide for yourself.

I added a little strip of lace in between the paper pieced and pieced sections, and I think it finishes off the mug rugs nicely. You could also add ribbon, ric rac or trim, or add your own embroidery.


The PDF pattern comes complete with full sized paper piecing templates and step by step instructions and diagrams to make piecing your mug rugs easy and fun. I've also included the options I mentioned and any other tips I thought might help you along the way.

Make one for yourself, one as a gift, or make one for everyone you know! They will love their own Coffee/Tea Date Mug Rug and it's a thoughtful gift made with love! 


If you would like to sew your own set of my Coffee/Tea Date Mug Rugs, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy store at the small price of $1.99 (AU) + taxes where applicable

Simply click on the link below to purchase your copy: 


I hope you enjoy sewing these Coffee/Tea Date Mug Rugs. They were such a fun project and now I have something pretty to sit my coffee on in the lead up to Valentine's Day - could life be any sweeter?

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊