Juliet Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment, and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


Calling all hopeless romantics, I have a new mini quilt pattern for you today, and the sweet and regal Juliet is going to steal your heart! As February is the month of love, I decided to pay homage to one of my favorite Shakespearian characters and bring you a mini quilt rich in colour and tradition, and she's quite the little head turner!

Juliet is simple but elegant, sweet but stunning and these rich, bold colours make me feel like I've stepped back in time to the set of a Shakespearian play!


As a teenager, I devoured the Complete Works of William Shakespeare - I read these beautiful plays for fun! My English class would moan and groan when Hamlet or Othello was the book we were studying that semester, but I couldn't be more excited - I was/still am a total English nerd! ;) 

Romeo and Juliet was the first play I read and saw on stage, so it holds a special place in my heart. There is no greater love than first love, and although it ends in tragedy it illustrates how love is an overpowering force that supersedes all other values, loyalties and emotions.


Juliet is a foundation paper pieced mini quilt which finishes at around 14" square. She is super easy to sew and suitable for all quilting levels. If you're a beginner paper piecer, then give Juliet a try - the sections are large and easy to sew, and the quilt comes together very quickly!

I chose the stunning Super Bloom fabrics from Edtya Sitar for my mini quilt, and these rich tones have the majestic feel of the Elizabethan era. I've included a colouring sheet in the PDF pattern so you can plan your colours/fabric prior to sewing and there's also swatches of the fabrics I used so you can source your own.


The PDF pattern includes full sized FPP templates, and step by step instructions and diagrams to make piecing your Juliet Mini Quilt easy and enjoyable. I've also included any tips I feel might help you as you work your way through the pattern.

There are also optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers so you can display your finished quilt on your mini wall, and tips on printing your pattern to keep everything accurate and consistent.


Juliet is perfect for decorating this Valentine's Day and she's gorgeous as a mini quilt, but you could also sew her into a cushion front or make multiple blocks and sew your own full-sized quilt.

She's one of those designs that would look stunning in any colour way or in an array of different fabrics, from floral to funky - I can't wait to see the combinations you come up with, you guys are always so creative! 


If you would like to sew your own version of my Juliet Mini Quilt, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and from today until the end of February 2021 they are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes were applicable.

Simply click on the link below to purchase your copy:


I hope you enjoy sewing my Juliet Mini Quilt pattern. She's a gorgeous addition to my pattern family and I think she's my new favorite mini! Is she yours? Enjoy!

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,  My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite." - Juliet, William Shakespeare.

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊