Maribelle Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew. They're a fast finish with less commitment, and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


Maribelle is a girl's name meaning "star of the sea; beautiful" and you'd have to agree it's the perfect name for my new monthly mini quilt design. I'm so in love with this mini quilt and she's an exciting addition to my pattern family - I've been dying to share with you! Isn't she lovely?

From drafting the design, to choosing the fabrics and sewing the quilt, this mini surpassed my expectations and completely captured my heart - she gives me all the feels when I see her on my sewing room wall. 


Maribelle is a foundation paper pieced mini quilt pattern, finishing at around 14" square. She goes together is eight simple wedges, and the templates are nice and big and easy to piece.

I used a combination of Super Bloom fabrics from Edyta Sitar, but this design would look beautiful in any fabric collection. The PDF pattern includes a colouring sheet so you can plan your own colours/fabrics prior to committing to sew.

I can't wait to see the combinations you come up with - you guys are always so clever!


The PDF pattern also includes full sized paper piecing templates and step by step instructions for ease of construction. I've also added any tips I felt were useful for piecing this quilt, and I also have some foundation paper piecing tutorials here to help you out:


There's lots of information, practice sheets and links to other tutorials in these posts, but I'm only an email away if you need some help or have any questions :)


The PDF pattern also includes optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers so you can display your quilt on your mini wall.

You could also use the pattern as a cushion front, or table topper, or make multiples and add some sashings and cornerstones to construct a full-sized quilt - I'd love to make one of these one day!

With mini quilt patterns the possibilities are endless, so get creative and sew something wonderful. 


If you would like to sew your own version of my Maribelle Mini Quilt pattern, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and until the end of March they are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable.

Simply click on the link to purchase a copy of the PDF pattern and start sewing your mini today:


I can't wait to see how you use the Maribelle Mini Quilt pattern. Make sure you send me a photo or tag me on social media, so I can come over and have a look!

I'm so proud of the projects you sew using my patterns, and I'm sure there's going to be some lovely versions of this quilt popping up in the near future!


I hope you love Maribelle as much as I do. She's definitely a beautiful star of the sea and she'll brighten your sewing space and bring a smile to your face.

Have fun!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Hello! I just discovered your blog and I'm instantly in love!! You're posts are wonderful! I've never done paper piecing before as it looks complicated to me but I'll check out the links you provided. I love Maribelle so much I might finally try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Sara! if you ever need any help with paper piecing just email me and we'll chat :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊