Week Ending - May 16

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had an amazing week!

I've been finishing up with my paper piecing group, and these ladies are doing an amazing job. They're almost ready to put their mini quilts together and I'll make the pattern available to you as next month's mini. I think you'll love Elizabeth, she's pretty and fun and perfect for every quilting level.

This weeks Week Ending list is full of fun projects, so let's get straight to it:

  •  Jenn at Mother Thyme always shares the best DIY projects and I love her DIY Dollar Tree Candle Holder. It's such a simple but effective project and you could use terracotta pots or glass jars and plates as well. It's a clever project you can adapt to fit your space and decor, or for any celebration or special occasion.
  • Sherri from A Quilting Life announced her new book A Quilting Life Home and Hearth which comes out in September. She has only shared the cover so far, but it looks like one for the collection. Keep and eye out for this one!
  • Someone asked me a few months ago for a tea cosy pattern and Jenny from Jenny of Elefantz re-shared her tutorial from 2015. She changed up the original pattern and its very sweet. She also shared tips on tea etiquette and high tea. 



  • Oh I want to try the Spicy Zucchini Ricotta Lasagna from Half Baked Harvest. This looks amazing and perfect for these cold autumn nights. I'm giving this a try next week and I'm literally drooling just thinking about it ;)
  • I also want to try these Twisty Cinnamon Buns from Smitten Kitchen. Nothing makes the house smell better than warm flavors baking in the oven. Now the weather has turned colder, I'm looking for comfort food and these will do perfectly!



  • I'm not sure I would wear this myself, but how amazing is this Feather Wing Crochet Shawl Pattern from Crafty Intentions. It's so feminine and beautiful and I think the choice of yarn would really make this special. Go check it out plus all of her other beautiful patterns!
  • If it's spring where you live and you're out in the garden (jealous!) then make yourself a Reversible Bucket Hat from Betz White. There's different sizes so you can sew one for every member of the family, and play around with different mediums or recycle some of those old clothes lying around - a fantastic upcycling project!

And that's it for another week. Hopefully one or more of these projects inspired you to create.

I'm coming to the end of all my deadlines, teaching commitments and collabs, so hopefully I can get back to working on my blog :) In my last newsletter, I asked you which quilting steps you liked and disliked and next week I'm looking the results. I expected some, but one of them really surprised me. Stay tuned!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊