Elizabeth Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


I have a new mini quilt pattern for you today! Elizabeth is the design I've been teaching the lovely sewing group in England, and I thought you'd like to sew one as well.

The ladies chose some beautiful colour combinations for their Elizabeth minis, and I was very proud of their achievements - some had never paper pieced before, and they took to it like superstars!


I like to name my mini quilts after influential (to me) or strong women, so this quilt was a no brainer - it had to be called Elizabeth. We started the tutorials and sew along just after Prince Phillip passed, so it was a fitting tribute.

I'm quite the royalist because of how I was raised. My mum and grandmother were fascinated with the royals, and I think my grandmother emulated the queen's style and grace throughout her life. As a young woman, I followed the lives of Princess Diana, Fergie and Sophie very closely and I love the younger generations of the royals.

Not everyone shares my views (my husband and kids especially), but I love them!


The rich history of the English throne has always appealed to me. It's a period in time engulfed with rivalry, brutality, wars and religion, and it saw some of the most interesting and unforgettable women rise to power.

I'm a huge fan of The Crown, but have you watched The Tudors? It's seriously one of my favorite series!

The gorgeous Super Bloom fabrics from Edyta Sitar where the perfect choice for my mini quilt. The tones are rich and warm and encompass that regal feel. I also thought the red, white and blues were a fitting combination for an English quilting group. I can't wait to see what combinations you choose for your version of Elizabeth!


Elizabeth is a paper pieced pattern and she's perfect for beginners, but super fun for all sewing levels. It's constructed in eight simple wedges and they're a decent size which makes them very manageable.

The mini quilt finishes at around 14" square and there's a colouring sheet included in the PDF pattern to assist you in choosing fabric combinations prior to sewing. There's also optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers, so you can display your quilt on your mini wall.


The PDF pattern also includes full sized paper piecing templates, and step by step instructions and diagrams to make construction pain free and fun! I've also added any tips I think might help you as you work your way through the pattern.

Elizabeth is a quick quilt to sew and a great weekend project, so if you have no plans this weekend then why not make yourself a new mini!


The Elizabeth Mini Quilt PDF pattern is now available in my Etsy shop and from today until the end of June 2021 they're at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable).

If you would like to make your own Elizabeth mini quilt, simply click the link below and grab your copy of the pattern!


I hope you enjoy Elizabeth. I know my English sewing ladies had fun with this pattern and they love their new quilts. She's quite the little stunner and the perfect addition to your mini collection.

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :) 
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊