Week Ending - June 26

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been creative!

I had a very creative week in the sewing room, the kitchen, and the garden (more on those later), but the highlight of my week was a trip to the museum with Landon. It was such a fun family morning looking at the displays, playing in the science area and eating banana bread in a nearby café. He chose a book about bees from the gift shop and was mesmorised by the optical illusions - I love seeing life through his eyes, these days are precious!

I found you some inspiring links this week, so let's pick out your next project shall we:

  • Winter is perfect for curries, so tonight we're having the Chickpea Tomato Spinach Curry from Short Girl Tall Order. It looks delicious and a great way to get my boys to go meat free for a night. I'm making some Naan to go with it and I think it will be a perfect Sunday night meal.
  • It's that time of year again where everyone is snuffy or has sinus issues, so I'm going to try the Aromatherapy Shower Steamers from Ruffles and Rainboots. These are easy to make and not only do they help with healing, but they also make the bathroom smell amazing.



  • The Bernat Hibernate Blanket from Yarnspirations is a quick and easy finish and looks so snuggly and warm. I love the colours in this one and it would make a nice gift for someone during these long winter months. Add this one to your must make list!
  • I also love the Picot Blanket from The Turtle Trunk. This is another free pattern and the colours in this one are perfect for autumn/winter. There's also a video to help you out and I think you'll love its texture and simplicity.
  • Oranges are in season, so we've been enjoying them in baking, and I have a recipe for you very soon. I also want to try these Italian Iced Cookies from Ambitious Kitchen - they look yummy and I love a good melt in your mouth cookie. 



  • Looking for a way to spruce up the kitchen? How about these cute I Love Cooking Potholders from Handmadiya? There's a free tutorial for you to use and it uses some simple applique and quilting to complete the project. So fun!
  • Rag quilts were all the rage when I started quilting, and they're still a fun project to create. If you haven't tried one before then take a look at the How To Make A Rag Quilt tutorial from Fleece Fun for some tips and tricks. They last forever and they get better with every wash. They're a fun project to sew with the kids too. 

And that's it for another week. Hubby and I made an obelisk for the garden yesterday and I need to give it a few coats of paint. I wanted to add a feature to the vegetable garden, and this was a fun project (we had no instructions, just winged it as we went along!) 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊