Harvest Throw - Pattern by Alexi of Two of Wands

I wanted to add some autumnal colour to our home, so I knitted the Harvest Throw pattern by Alexi from Two of Wands. It was exactly what I was looking for and I couldn't be happier!


Autumn is coming! It's my favorite season ever - lazy days spent reading, hot chocolates, cosy woolen jumpers, delicious soups and pumpkin spiced everything.  What's not to love?

I wanted to add a pop of autumnal colour to the lounge room, so I tried the Harvest Throw pattern by Alexi from Two of Wands and it's perfect! It's one of the cosiest blankets I've ever made, and I look forward to snuggling under it every day of the new season.

The Harvest Throw is a knitted pattern, and I haven't picked up the knitting needles in forever, but it's like riding a bike apparently - you never forget how to knit!


I mentioned last year that I had yarn under the Christmas Tree, well it was this stunning Hue and Me yarn from Two of Wands. Yarn selections were limited at my local Spotlight, but I purchased the gorgeous Saffron and it's the perfect autumnal colour.

The colour reminds me of a jumper my mother knitted me when I was a teenager. I hated the colour (I wanted blue), but it was the warmest, cosiest jumper I ever owned - funny how our tastes change, I love this colour now and it looks perfect in our lounge room.

Hue and Me is an acrylic yarn but it's soft and smooth with a nice twist and a little bit of fuzz. It gives great stitch definition and it's cosy and warm plus there's no scratchiness making it perfect for clothing or throws.


The Harvest Throw is knitted on circular needles. I was a little worried because I'd never used circular needles before, but they were easy to work with and there was nothing sinister about them ;)

This was one of those rare projects you enjoy so much you never want it to end. I think I slowed down towards the end to savour it just that little bit longer.

The rhythmic click clack of knitting needles has renewed my love of this craft and now my blanket is finished, I've cast on Alexi's Easton Striped Pullover pattern.


The Harvest Throw is an eight-row pattern worked in repeats of twelve stitches. I added two extra repeats to the width because I wanted a blanket we can share - hubby and I can snuggle together while we're watching movies, or I can gather both grandkids under its bulk for story time.

I also made it a little longer than the pattern so it can go from the couch to the bed for those lazy Sunday nanna naps.

The pattern was very easy to follow and its simple combinations of knit and purl stitches to create that gorgeous chevron texture. I preferred using the chart to work my rows, and even though it was a repeat pattern I didn't lose interest as my Harvest Throw grew.


I started my Harvest Throw on Christmas night, and it took me almost two months to complete as some nights were way too hot to knit even with the air conditioner on. 

My goal was to knit at least one eight row pattern every night to get it finished in time for autumn, but as the throw grew larger, it became more of a struggle and a little uncomfortable ;)

This was the largest knitted project I've ever worked on - in the past I've knitted squares for throws or clothing items. Despite the discomfort of the weather, I loved every minute of this project and had mixed emotions when it was done - sad it was over, happy to finally use it!

Hubby and I took my Harvest Throw out into nature to photograph, hoping for some signs that autumn was on the way. Nothing yet, but hopefully the trees will begin to turn soon, and the weather will become crisp and cool - I've been looking forward to autumn since last autumn. 

It's added a cosy element to our lounge room and it's a simple way to inject some autumnal colour to our home - a few pops here and there make all the difference.


I love my new Harvest Throw. It's warm and inviting and it will be enjoyed by my family all autumn and winter.

I'm so glad I picked up the needles again. It feels like I was reunited with a dear old friend.

If you're looking for a new throw pattern, then give the Harvest Throw pattern a try. Alexi has a wonderful mix of crochet and knitting patterns and they all provide inspiration for her gorgeous yarns, so head over to Two of Wands and choose your next project.

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy knitting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊