Guinevere Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


It's time for a new mini quilt design and this month I'd like to welcome the stunning Guinevere to my pattern family!

When I first showed my husband the draft of this design, he suggested she deserved a strong name - something regal and noble - so we named her Guinevere

The choice of fabrics for this little quilt was easy - Super Bloom fabrics are elegant and rich, and they always create a stunning quilt. 


According to Arthurian legend, Guinevere was an early medieval queen of Great Britian, the wife of King Arthur and the mistress of Sir Lancelot. 

She was extremely beautiful, making her desirable to men who protected her from harm. Her infidelity caused the downfall of the Knights of the Round Table and Camelot, but after King Arthurs death she remained loyal to her husband and entered a convent to help the poor.

Guinevere has been depicted in various ways - the only woman to sit at the round table, villainous and opportunistic, noble and virtuous just to name a few. I think my favorite depiction of Guinevere was in the TV series Merlin - she grows from a shy maidservant to a confident queen, and I loved her!


Guinevere is a petite and noble mini quilt finishing at around 14" square. She is constructed using the foundation paper piecing method and she's a great project for the weekend!

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:


I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


This design features a pretty and delicate star surrounded by a row of saw tooth triangles which really defines the star and draws your attention inwards to the focal block.

The star block is pretty on its own, so once you're sewn your mini quilt you can also use this pattern for other quilt projects - a whole quilt of these stars would be stunning!

I love the versatility of mini patterns - be creative and use them as the focal block in larger quilts or mix and match blocks with some of my other designs to create something unique and beautiful.


The Guinevere Mini Quilt PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and full-sized templates so you can print and sew without any fuss.

There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing your mini quilt, and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to display your quilt on your mini wall.

I've also included any tips I feel are useful for constructing this mini, but I don't think you'll find anything particularly tricky about this design - it all goes together quickly and easily!  


Guinevere was an absolute delight to produce, and I hope she's a new favorite of yours as well. 

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Guinevere Mini Quilt PDF Pattern, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and until the end of March 2023 they will be at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable).

Simply click to link to purchase your copy today:


I hope you enjoy sewing your version of the lovely Guinevere. She's a gorgeous addition to my pattern family and simply delightful to sew!

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:



Happy quilting :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊