Week Ending - May 14

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!



Happy Sunday lovely and Happy Mother's Day! I hope you've had a creative week!

The highlight of my week was going to playgroup with Landon. They were making stain glass windows for Mother's Day and it's heartwarming to watch little fingers work with cardboard, glue and cellophane. Kids create and play with so much freedom, and this was a very special moment for me as a Nanna!

I did find you some things to create as well, so let's go:

  • The Romantic Granny Bag from Rita at Mithand und Herz is classic and stunning. She has instructions for the construction of the bag using any granny squares you want. I think you could have a lot of fun with this tutorial and create something pretty and romantic for summer.
  • Tonight's dinner is from Feasting at Home and it's the Pasta Fagioli recipe which looks amazing. Soup containing pasta is everything to me and it sounds flavorsome and hearty. I'm thinking I'll pair it with her Savory Leek Bread as this has been on my must try list for ages.



  • Better Homes and Gardens has a tutorial for DIY Reusable Kitchen Sponges, and you can make these with pretty fabrics which coordinate with your kitchen. They're better for the environment, help with the budget and are quick and easy to sew.
  • I know you love a good quilt block, so add the Calgary Stampede Block from Generations Quilt Patterns to your files. This free tutorial includes three block sizes and step by step photos for construction. There's also a colouring sheet and its beginner friendly traditional piecing. Have fun!
  • The Gardeners Satchel is available on the Sewrella Yarn website, and I love this spring pattern. It's a lovely twist on a traditional granny square and the bag is the cutest. I had to purchase a copy of this one and I can't wait to make my own in the coming weeks.



  • Matcha is such a versatile ingredient and I want to try the No-Bake Matcha Mint Grasshopper Pies In Jars from The Bojon Gourmet. Traditionally Grasshopper Pie is made with creme de menthe, so this more wholesome variation excites me. I'm looking forward to giving this a try.
  • Struggling with ideas for your quilt border? I Love Quilting Forever has a post with 10 Quilt Border Ideas That Will Make Your Quilt Stand Out. There are some gorgeous ideas in this post and it includes links to free tutorials or to where a design can be purchased. 

And that's it for another week. I hope these projects inspire a creative week ahead.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊