Nova Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


It's a new year and it's time for a new mini quilt design - yes, it's been a while and I'm excited to finally release something new!

I wanted to start 2024 with a bang and Nova is one dazzling mini quilt. She's the perfect way to jump into a new year and to celebrate all it has to offer. She's bright, bold and sparkly and she's a very welcome addition to my pattern family.


The name Nova is of Latin origin, and it means new - perfect for the new year, right? 

It's given to a star that has a sudden burst of energy and shines a hundred thousand times brighter than usual, before gradually fading into the night sky - a little like fireworks don't you think?

It's believed girls who are named Nova are destined to make their mark on the world and I think this dazzling quilt will definitely be a showstopper on your mini wall.


For my Nova Mini Quilt I used the Super Bloom fabrics from Edyta Sitar and I threw in a red blender fabric to make it pop! You've seen these fabrics countless time in other mini quilts and I'm sad to say my stash is coming to an end - this may make you happy, it's time for me to choose different fabrics!

I am committed to using my stash first and I reach for these fabrics time and time again. They have created some stunning mini quilts and I'll be lost without them.


Nova is a stunning mini quilt finishing at around 14" square. She is constructed using the foundation paper piecing method and she's quick and easy making her a great weekend project!

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:


I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


The foundation templates for Nova are large and quick to paper piece, but there are a lot of seams finishing at one point. There was no getting around this as I created the templates, so be mindful of pressing those seams as flat as you can as you are piecing - I wasn't paying close attention to this as I sewed this version of Nova, so I did create annoying bumps!

Otherwise, there's nothing particularly tricky about the Nova Mini Quilt. It goes together in four quarters and each quarter has three easy to piece templates.


The Nova Mini Quilt PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and full-sized templates so you can print and sew without any fuss.

There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing your mini quilt, and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to display your quilt on your mini wall.

I've also included any tips I feel are useful for constructing this mini, and I've been generous when calculating fabric requirements so you can sew with peace of mind.  


Nova was an absolute delight to produce, and I think she's the perfect choice for this fresh new year!

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Nova Mini Quilt PDF Pattern, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and until the end of January 2024 they will be at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable).

Simply click to link to purchase your copy today:


I hope you enjoy sewing your version of the dazzling Nova. She's a gorgeous addition to my pattern family and simply delightful to sew!

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊