Color Pop Super Scarf - Pattern by Two Of Wands

The Color Pop Super Scarf pattern from Two of Wands delivers on volume and warmth and the perfect weekend project!


Last weekend we restocked our reserves with two days of utterly blissful down time. Life can feel out of control at times, and we were overdue a weekend of staying home and just being!

The chess board came out for when we felt inclined, and I searched Pinterest for a quick and easy weekend crochet project. I hit the jackpot with the Color Pop Super Scarf Pattern from Two of Wands.

This free pattern promised an addictive and easy scarf full of volume and gorgeous pops of colour, and it certainly delivered.


I could have jumped in the car and headed out for yarn, but the prospect of spending a weekend in my pyjamas sounded preferable, so I raided my Hue and Me yarn stash instead. 

I'm very frugal with these yarns because they are hard for me to source, so my colour palette includes leftover yarns from other projects. 

I think all of the Hue and Me yarns work perfectly together, and I'm eager to play around with other combinations and add pops of colour to my winter wardrobe.


The Color Pop Super Scarf pattern is full of gorgeous granny clusters making it perfect for beginners and it works up super quickly - a speedy project for a cold weekend!

The clusters create a classic vintage look, but it looks modern and fun!  Granny squares are so trendy right now and this scarf is an easy way to add some to your wardrobe.

Plus, it's a fantastic project for using up some of your leftover yarn. You only require five balls or approximately 822 yards of yarn and you could add as many colours as you like.


This pattern promised volume and it delivers! The Color Pop Super Scarf finishes at 12" x 82" (without the fringe) making it oversized and chunky, and the fringe is the perfect final touch, creating even more length.

Alexandra suggests wearing the scarf simply draped over the shoulders, wrapped around the neck to really bundle up or crisscrossing over the shoulders for an elegant look.

I think I crochet tightly as my scarf is a little stiff but I'm sure once its washed it will soften up and become snuggly and mould perfectly around my neck.


Alexandra has made the Color Pop Super Scarf pattern available as a free pattern on her blog or you can purchase an ad free version to support her work. Her patterns are always written so well and very easy to follow plus they're always fun and creative.

The rows are worked flat in back and forth rows across the length of the scarf and it's a total of fifteen rows. Basic crochet stitches are required, and she does give tips on reducing the size if you want something with less length.

I can't wait to bundle up in this scarf over the coming weeks. It such a fun accessory and very easy to crochet.


If you're looking for a wind down weekend project, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Color Pop Super Scarf. Patterns that are repetitive and work up quickly can be very relaxing and offer a satisfying fast finish!

Enjoy! :)

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy crocheting :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊