Kitty Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


Morning lovely!

I have a gorgeous new mini quilt pattern to share with you today. This is another design I've had in my draft file for quite some time so it's so satisfying to see her hanging on my mini wall. 

She demands attention and is a real showstopper so please welcome the spectacular Kitty to my pattern family.

Four pointed stars represent everything from the four gospels of the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke John), the four elements of nature (earth, fire, air, water) or the four directional compass points (north, south, east, west), but I decided to name this mini quilt after the fourth Bennett daughter Kitty.


Kitty (Catherine) Bennett is the fourth of the five Bennett daughters in Jane Austen's classic novel Pride and Prejudice. She lacks the confidence and vivacity of her youngest sister Lydia and instead of competing with her like most sisters do, she becomes her cohort. 

Kitty is an enabler to Lydia, keeping her secrets even though they could also ruin her and her sisters' reputations. She follows along quite sheepishly and uses Lydia as a way to flirt and attract boys. She doesn't do anything extraordinary in the novel, nor does she stand up for herself at any point and seems something of an enigma. 

In Sallianne Hines novel Her Summer at Pemberley we see Kitty evolve and grow away from Lydia's influence and find her more determined that "people here will know me on my own merits". I recommend this sequel to anyone who loves Pride and Prejudice - I loved this more than The Other Bennet Sister which follows Mary.


To bring Kitty to life, I choose a rich red fabric, a light pink for contrast and a crisp white cotton. I tied it all together with that gorgeous dark grey essex linen. It makes the design pop but also adds warmth and texture to this mini quilt.

Kitty would look stunning in any fabric combination and half the fun is choosing which fabrics bring you the most joy! 

The PDF pattern does include a colouring sheet so you can play with colour/fabric combinations before you commit to sewing your mini quilt - it also makes a great colouring page for the kids!


Kitty finishes at around 16" square, and it is a foundation paper pieced pattern. She's a fun quilt to construct and the perfect weekend project for the confident paper piecer.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:



I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


The foundation paper piecing templates for Kitty are very easy to piece but due to how the mini is constructed its important you join sections accurately for the best results.

Take your time, pay close attention to the notches on the templates and read my Paper Piecing Tips and Tricks blogpost to help you join the sections together accurately and easily.

Otherwise, there's nothing particularly tricky about the Kitty Mini Quilt. She goes together beautifully, and I've included coloured diagrams to help your construct your quilt with confidence.


The Kitty Mini Quilt PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and full-sized templates so you can print and sew without any fuss.

There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing your mini quilt, and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to display your quilt on your mini wall.

I've also included any tips I feel are useful for constructing this mini, and I've been generous when calculating fabric requirements so you can sew with peace of mind.  


Kitty was an absolute delight to produce, and I'm thrilled to see her hanging on my mini quilt wall.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Kitty Mini Quilt PDF Pattern, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and until the end of July 2024 they will be at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable).

Simply click to link to purchase your copy today:


I hope you enjoy sewing your version of the spectacular Kitty. She's a striking mini quilt and demands all the attention on my mini quilt!

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊