Week Ending - September 8

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!



Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a creative week.

I've been busy sewing projects for this month's blog posts and I just finished a new quilt block pattern. I can't wait to share it with you very soon. It was such a fun and playful block, and I designed it for a new project I'm working on for my grandson (small hint there).

I did find you some fun projects this week, so let's go:

  • I'm having a few girlfriends over for a movie night and spring bucket list planning session, so I'm cooking Crispy Vegan Cauliflower Tacos for everyone using the recipe from Veggie Inspired. It's a light Sunday night dinner and an easy one to bulk cook. Sounds yummy!
  • The Magnus Throw from Meghan Makes Do is a free pattern that not only looks gorgeous, but it promises there's no weaving of ends - awesome! It looks super fun and easy and there's a video tutorial as well to help you.



  • Give your sandshoes a pop of fun colour with the DIY Fabric Shoelaces tutorial from Sewing With Scraps. I just brought a new pair of white sneakers for the warmer months and I'm dressing them up with these pretty laces - perhaps some Bonnie and Camille fabrics.
  • How sweet is the Crochet 3D Flower Granny Square pattern from V Crochet Patterns? This little cutie would make a stunning blanket or border pattern, and it looks super simple to crochet. The pattern is free for you to try.



  • We've got a picnic planned for next Saturday and I'm packing a snackle box.  I've decided to bake some Apricot Shortbread Bars using Recipes for Holidays recipe. This looks lush and everyone loves apricot so they should be a hit!
  • The Refracted Star Quilt Block Pattern from Shannon Fraser Design is stunning. It's traditionally pieced and the block finishes at 12" square. You could use this is so many projects and it's available in her shop as an instant download.
  • Jo to the World has the sweetest Daisy Flower Coaster pattern for you to try. I love a good coaster, and these will add a delicate and colourful place for you to sit your mug. The pattern is free for you to use, and I think you'll fall in love with these.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something fun to create in the week ahead.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)



Happy Week Ending :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊