Week Ending - July 26

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week.


Happy Sunday lovely. I hope your week has been kind.

The highlight of my week was finding more daffodils in the garden and seeing tiny buds forming on our weeping cherries. We added a new flower garden last month and planted an array of cottage flowers, possibly too many but hopefully they'll all support each other. Every morning I check for some small sign of change, but I need to remind myself to be patient because change is slow over winter.

Flowers bring me so much joy, so this week's post is full of floral projects:

  • The Garden Flower Collection from Patterns By Kia is a selection of five FPP flower blocks and they're all stunning. There's a rose, tulip, lily, poppy and orchid and it's a wonderful set to have in your block files. Each block includes templates for various sizes, and the PDF file is available for instant download in her Etsy shop.
  • The Hibiscus Muffins recipe from The G and M Kitchen uses dried hibiscus flowers to create intense colour and flavour to the muffins. They look amazing and easy to bake, and these are on my wish list of recipes to try.



  • Golden Lucy Crafts has this gorgeous Lavender Square Crochet Pattern for you to try. It's sweet and elegant and the pattern looks easy to follow with basic knowledge of stitches. This would make a wonderful square for blankets, cushions or bags and its 3D design makes it a showstopper.
  • I have ranunculi's popping up everywhere in the garden and the Ranunculus Flower Quilt Block Pattern from Burlap and Blossom will keep them in my memory long after the flowering season is over. The PDF pattern includes five block sizes and it's available to purchase on the Singer Featherweight Shop website.



  • How stunning and delicious does this Elderflower and Lemon Layer Cake from Forkify Fun look?  It requires basic pantry staples and elderflower cordial to make a moist, tender layer cake that looks simply amazing.
  • I love the sweet Tudor Rose Granny Square Pattern from Granny Square Me. Its curled edges give a wonderful texture, and it looks like an easy pattern to crochet. It's a fun free pattern to add to your collection with many uses for various projects.
  • Applique lovers will adore the Floral Applique Quilt Pattern from AJ Padilla Quilts. There are 24 blocks to create in this stunning quilt and the detail is incredible. PDF patterns are available in their Etsy shop, and I think you'll love it.

And that's it for another week. I hope you found some inspiration in these projects.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely. Stay safe and well :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊