Week Ending - August 9

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week.


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been creative and fun.

I spent every spare moment behind the sewing machine working on my passion projects. I'm still behind schedule but I'm not giving up.  Every tiny step forward is progress, and being absorbed in the creative process helps me deal with life - my mum has advanced dementia and if this has ever touched your family (or is right now), I'm sure you'll understand ;(

The highlight of the week was colouring with my granddaughter. She loves mermaids and she took me to a place where magic happens, and time moves slowly.  I thought mermaids were the perfect theme for this week's post. 

Let's go:

  • The Mermaid Crown from Crocket Crochet is just adorable. It's a free pattern with links to YouTube and there's also a mermaid top pattern and a mermaid tail (coming soon) to complete the set. A fun project for themed parties or to simply add some magic to someone's life.
  • The Underwater Quilt from Quilts and Stuff has an array of quilt blocks for you to purchase on Etsy. The mermaids are so sweet, and you can add dolphins, shells, crabs, fish and so much more. Design your own quilt using these blocks and make something special.



  • I might bake some Seashell Pearl Cookies for the next colouring session I have with Miss Iris. This idea is from Smart School House and using premade ingredients, but you can you your own Madeleine Cookie recipe. So fun, so easy and super cute!
  • Applique lovers will adore the Mermaid Friends pattern from Flexi Fuse. This free pattern has three whimsical mermaids hanging out together under the sea and it's a wonderful project. There is a YouTube video to help you re-create your own and I'm sure you'll have fun with this one.



  • Sunshine the free Amigurumi Mermaid Pattern from Zamiguz is simply adorable. She has a removable tail, the sweetest face and who wouldn't love her? Toys that spark imagination are special and imagine the adventures your child/grandchild can have with this fun project.
  • Mermaids by Elizabeth Hartman is a fun quilt pattern using traditional piecing methods. There are two sizes included (small 36" x 42" and large 66" x 78") and the pattern I found is available for purchase on the Mashe Modern site. 
  • The Easy Mermaid Cupcakes from Sugar Spice and Glitter are a fun dessert for parties or for when you want to add magic to your week. They look super simple and you will need a mermaid tail mould if you want to make them exactly the same, but without the tail would look just as amazing.

And that's it for another week. I hope these projects inspire a week ahead that's full of imagination, creativity and childlike wonder.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely. Stay safe and well :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊