Week Ending - September 6

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week.



Happy Sunday lovely and Happy Father's Day to all the dads! I hope your week has been kind and creative.

Mine was a total mess, but in this season of life some weeks are like that and that's OK. When choosing a theme for this week's post, I decided to look for projects guaranteed to add some quirky fun to your creative days.

Let's go:

  • The Festival Pic 'n' Mix Blanket from Hooked By Robin is bright, fun and very 90's in design. There are patterns and video tutorials for granny squares including flowers, spirals, smiley faces and more to choose from. This is a great pattern for letting go and playing with colour and design and making something unique.
  • Add some fun to your movie night with the Popcorn Blanket Crochet Pattern from Happy Hookie. This is super cute and a great gift idea for movie buffs. The pattern is available for purchase in their store.



  • How about some Fairy Bread Lamingtons? Aussies love fairy bread and lamingtons so I can understand the mash up. The recipe is from The Scran Line and they do look yummy. I'm not sure I could sell my husband on these - he loves lamingtons - but as a sprinkle lover, I'm intrigued.
  • Stitching Notes has the cutest Wonky House Quilt Block Pattern available in their Etsy shop. You can fussy cut fun fabric to add cute details like flowers, patterned roof, little critters etc. It's an FPP pattern and the pattern is for a 6" block. So fun!



  • How fun is the Highland Cow Crochet Pot Holder pattern from Happy Hookie? This is super cute and a clever way to add something quirky to your kitchen. Her face is super sweet and a little cheeky. The pattern is available for purchase in their store.
  • The Ava On Ice Pattern from Razbeca is a quirky and fun appliqued bird pattern and is available as an instant download in her Etsy shop. Add this to quilt blocks, mug rugs or apparel and inject some fun to your projects. Its raw edge applique with tips and full-sized templates.
  • Coriander Quilts has a great tutorial for her Wonky Log Cabin Blocks on her You Tube channel. These are super cute and you can let your creativity run wild. Quick, easy and versatile, I'm sure you'll enjoy sewing them and using them in projects.

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something quirky and fun to create.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely. Stay safe and well :)



No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊