A Sea of Pink!!

This morning, Maddi, my mum and myself participated in the 5km Walk/Run to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. Despite the drizzle the event attracted over 2000 women of all ages and fitness levels!
TV personalities, Rebecca Gibney and Jessica Marais from "Packed to the Rafters" participated as well, both sharing stories of how breast cancer has affected the lives of peple they know and hold dear.
The streets of Launceston were a "sea of pink" for a little over an hour. It was a fun, easy walk (no we didnt run!!) and a great way to raise some money for a good cause.
Some people went to that little extra effort and co-ordinated head gear with their bright pink shirts. Still on the subject of pink:
A little sneak peek of a new design. Just the pattern writing to finalise, so pop back soon for a reveal and a giveaway!!

8 comments

  1. I didn't know it was on. Do they have it every year? I might join in next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks good come on you know you can tell me I'll only tell the Tassie girls Honest I will

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for participating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sea of pink and such a worthy cause. Can't wait to see your new creation...I'll be waiting;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for all of you, Rose! How nice to know that the run is worldwide! My mom and dad lived with us 9 months...coming down from Alaska to Oregon US for breast cancer care. She had almost no chance of surviving and it still alive 7 years later! My son ran this race many times in her honor, but our pink isn't as hot as yours ;) My mom loved the scarves and commemorative pins he'd collect for her. It's a wonderful cause!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoyed your walk :)) I am currently working on an item for a major fundraiser that I am involved in in May for Breast Cancder. It is going to be auctioned off. Also I like the look of the sneak peek - Can't wait to see the rest :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, good for you! We all need to fight cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose

    What a great thing to do!! We don't have walks like that here....
    But we should!!

    I love the sneak peak from your latest design :-D want to se more!!!!!!!!

    Had a great time on Saturday with Anne Ida :o)

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊