"Winter Is Coming"

I have lots to share with you over the next few days and first up I wanted to show you what I've been crocheting. Last year I crocheted lots of scarves but 2015 is destined to be the year of the wrist warmers I think:
I found a few beautiful free patterns on Pinterest but the first one I tried gave me so many headaches that I ended up playing around with a few patterns and came up with my own version. These will be great for me because I hate wearing gloves and they become a nuisance when your shopping or driving. I'll be able to wear these without taking them off to open my purse etc.
Maddi loves them as well; she divides her time between Uni and her part time job at Sanity, so she will still be able to work/study while keeping her hands warm and toasty. They are quick and easy to crochet and they are a great portable project for me while I'm waiting to pick up Cohen from school or after school activities.
Over the weekend I did try something a little different by changing the cuff and adding a crocheted flower and I love how they turned out. Now that I have worked out a basic structure of the pattern, I can change the row pattern or add embellishments to make them different.
You can find the pattern for the flower HERE, it would look great on a scarf, hat or bag as well. As for the wrist warmers, I have a few pinned to my Pinterest board that may help or inspire you too :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊