Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 71

This weeks gorgeous block is Goose In The Pond and trust me, it is as tricky as it looks; lots of little pieces, lots of seams to match, and your working to the nearest 1/16". The elements alone are easy, 9 patches, rail fences and HST's but there are teeny tiny pieces in a 6" block, so take your time and persevere.  It is worth all the fuss and mines far from perfect but for the moment, I can live with it :)
I pieced my block but in the pattern, I have included the piecing instructions, templates and paper piecing design sheets, so chose whichever method suits you best. Personally, after piecing mine, I would suggest the paper piecing option and I may remake mine this way or I'll just refer to this as my humility block :)
I hope I haven't deterred you from giving this gorgeous block a try. It is very sweet and well worth the effort. To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
After Easter, I'll start sharing my ideas for the layout and borders of the Chatelaine Sampler Quilt. I have quite a few options, tips and inspiration that I can't wait to share with you.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊