Free Block Pattern- Easter Basket

There are some gorgeous traditional basket blocks to sew for Easter projects but I wanted to design something a little different for my Easter decorating and I decided to share it with you, as a free pattern here on the blog.
This sweet block is a quick and easy paper pieced pattern which finishes at 7" x 9". I added some extra borders to my block, quilted it and then mounted it on a stretched canvas, just for something a little different. There are a few wonderful tutorials on mounting quilts on canvas, so have a look HERE or HERE and choose the best option for you.
You could also pop it in a picture frame or add some binding and turn it into a mini quilt; have fun with it and make something you love :)
The free pattern includes a colouring sheet and templates and instructions for the block only. To download your free copy, just visit HERE.
And if you haven't already, make sure you grab my free Bunny Butt Cushion pattern. This is a fun little cushion to sew and a great way to use of some of those pretty scraps that you may have in your stash. The kids will love it and its perfect for Easter decorating.
Both of these projects would also make lovely "non chocolate" gifts for someone special this Easter, so I have also designed a set of free Gift Tags and some Cupcake Toppers:
For the gift tags, print the sheet on to some card stock, cut around and punch out the centre hole. Attach to your gifts with some pretty ribbon or bakers twine. For the cupcake toppers, cut around and attach to a toothpick with some clear tape and pop in your Easter cupcakes.
Download your free sheet of Gift Tags and Cupcake Toppers, HERE.
I hope you enjoy my Easter freebies and that they help, just a little, with your family celebrations.

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊