Fat Quarter Bundle- Sweet Orchard

I'm currently sewing my April mini quilt which is due for release later in the month. I thought you might like to see the fabrics I'm using for this one, because they are simply gorgeous.
This is "Sweet Orchard" by Sedef Imer of Down Grapevine Lane and I purchased this fat quarter bundle from the designer herself, which is always lovely. You may have seen them before but I wanted to share them with you anyway and also give you a little sneak peek of my new mini.
I love these colours, especially the gorgeous blues, pinks, grays and reds. I tend to judge fabric ranges by the tone of the blue (or aqua) fabric. If the blue appeals to me then I know I want to work with the range (just my idiosyncrasy). The pinks are gorgeous as well but I think what really sold me on this bundle was the pinstripe fabrics as they will be perfect for bindings.
They're beautiful fabrics to work with and they are a match made in heaven for my new mini quilt design.  This little sneak peek might give you a clue as to what I've designed but if not, I assure you....its worth waiting for the full reveal :)
I've had this mini planned in my design book for quite sometime and I think I've subconsciously delayed making it so I could use these fabrics. I am thrilled with how its looking so I'm glad I waited.
The fat quarter bundle contains three panels of patchwork squares and at first I wasn't sure how or if, I would use them. As they add more fabric choices to the range, I cut them up first and sewed my mini primarily using these panels; it feels like a bonus quilt really because I've hardly touched the rest of the bundle.
My mini quilt top in now together, basted and ready to quilt. It is gorgeous and I can't wait to share it with you later in the month. If your interested in this fabric range, you can find fat quarter bundles/fat eight bundles in Sedef's Etsy shop HERE.
I rarely buy fabric as I'm committed to sewing from my stash, but when I do treat myself it has to be a range which is pretty special and "Sweet Orchard" is as special as it gets :)
Happy sewing :)

3 comments

  1. Beautiful fabric, cant wait to see your mini quilt, your sneak peek looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,this Mini should be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I LIKE that line of fabrics! I hope it's available here in the US.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊