Alluring Fisherman Afghan

Hot off the hook is my version of the Alluring Fisherman Afghan. It was slow progress for quite awhile but I'm thrilled its finally finished just in time for these chilly Autumn mornings:


I shared the link to this pattern in a Week Ending post back in March but you can find the free pattern HERE. It might look a little complex but once those first six rows are crocheted its just a matter of repeating the pattern. I'm not going to lie, it took me a few attempts to work those foundation rows and have them correct but then I was good to go.


I wanted to try this pattern because I love crocheted cables and they are easier to crochet than you think . There's also beautiful ribbing and bobbles so there's plenty of that gorgeous Aran style texture to love and snuggle under.


My girlfriend and I regularly visit Spotlight to audition the squishiness of all their yarn and this years find has definitely been their Marvel Denim Effects yarn. I have mentioned before that this is the softest 100% acrylic I have ever worked with and it makes a gorgeous snugly blanket.
Its a little hard to see in the photos but there's a white fleck running though the yarn, giving it that denim look. I'm so in love with this yarn; its inexpensive, its soft and very easy to crochet with.


And of course someone else likes to be in on the action, hmmmm! I swear she thinks I crochet and quilt just for her. She's a little cute though :) This blanket has become her new favorite and she's never been a good sharer :)


Originally I wasn't going to add a fringe but I had yarn left over that I didn't want to waste and it does give the blanket that Boho feel. There was no need for a border as the sides finished up nice and even and the fringe covered the top and bottom perfectly.
It is a fun blanket to crochet and I'm sure its going to be used a lot in our house over the winter......hopefully by the humans :)


Happy crocheting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊