Giselle Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Happy Friday guys! Pinch, punch first day of the month!
Wow the weeks are going fast - the school holidays are almost over and while Cohen's excited and itching to start college, I'm enjoying spending time at home at our own relaxed pace.
January's done and dusted so its time for a new mini quilt design. I've been eager to share this little quilt with you, so please welcome the gorgeous Giselle to my pattern family:

mini quilt pattern

{sigh!} Giselle ticks all the right boxes for me - lots of tiny pieces, bold bright colours and an intricate geometric design. Isn't she pretty? I'm in love!
I designed Giselle as a paper pieced pattern due to the size of those little pieces. FPP is more accurate so there's less risk of losing any of those gorgeous points. The sections are quick and easy to piece and I've included colours on the design templates for the very first time - hopefully this will help you with colour placement and orientation of the units. Of course you still have the option to write your own colours on the templates but this should make things easier for you.



Giselle finishes at around 16" square and is constructed with four identical blocks. I will stress the importance of checking the correct orientation of all units and blocks as you work through this pattern, especially if you want the same colour value placement as mine. I've included lots of diagrams to help you every step of the way, making it easier for you and hopefully saving any pesky unpicking.



Giselle is made using four Avian Wave (or Ocean Wave) blocks and by changing the orientation of each block you achieve this gorgeous secondary design. I did play around with the placement of my colours to include the aqua berry fabric because I think it softens the look and adds a little more movement to the design.
I've seen a few performances of Giselle, and when I was thinking of a name for this mini the gentle flow and movement of this design reminded me of those graceful ballerinas I love so much.



I used a gorgeous mix of Bonnie and Camille fabric for my Giselle mini quilt and the pattern includes fabric swatches to make sourcing the same fabrics easier. There's a mix of Little Ruby and Smitten fabrics but of course it would look gorgeous in any fabric combination.
The PDF pattern also includes a colouring sheet so you can plan your fabric/colour placement prior to sewing, and it gives you the freedom to audition some different combinations before you start.


Giselle has a lot of seams so its important to press those seams as flat as you can to obtain the best results for quilting. I quilted mine with some serpentine quilting (my go to quilting method these days because I always seem to be in a hurry) and I finished it off with the navy binding.
There's quite a lot of sewing in this little quilt but I think you'll agree that its definitely worth the extra effort and time.


If you would like to make your own version of my Giselle mini quilt, from today until the end of February 2019 PDF patterns are now available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
And don't forget to tag me or send me a photo of your finished Giselle mini quilt, I love seeing what you guys make from my patterns. :)
I hope you love Giselle as much as I do - I think she's a little stunner :)


Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊