Heartland Boho Crochet Wrap

Hey guys! My first crochet project for the year is finally off the hook. Its taken me so long to finish this wrap because its been too hot to crochet, and as it grew it got heavy and very warm in my lap. I'm glad its finally finished though, Tasmanian weather can be so unpredictable - hot one day, Heartland Boho Crochet Wrap weather the next. ;)



Seriously though I won't be needing this wrap for a few more months, but when I do how toasty and warm am I going to be? I'm almost wishing for winter :)
The Heartland Boho Crochet Wrap is a free pattern from the very talented Stephanie Lau from All About Ami, and this was my second project using Lionbrand Heartland yarn.  I chose Grand Canyon this time and it's gorgeous and soft, and so lovely to crochet with. You may not be able to see from the photos but there is a subtle variegation running through the strands, almost like a tweed.

The pattern is super easy to follow and Stephanie includes lots of photos to help you get started. After a few rows you should be good to go because its all the same and very easy to crochet.
The wrap is finished with a sweet picot edge and you have the option of tassels or a fringe to give it that Boho feel. There's also a collar along the top edge and this really neatens everything up perfectly.
Stephanie suggests 3 balls of Heartland yarn but I actually used closer to 4 - I did use a slightly smaller hook so I did add a few extra rows but I'd recommend having a spare ball just in case.


It may have taken me a while to crochet but I'm so thrilled with my new wrap - I love a big chunky scarf and this one is going to keep me warm and toasty when our eternal winter finally does strike.
I'm also a huge fan of this yarn. I have one yarn shop and a Spotlight near me and they both stock a lot of Lionbrand yarn which really helps. I don't mind ordering yarn online but there's nothing better than looking at all the shades and colours in real life. Oh and testing it for squishness! ;)
If you're looking for a new project to crochet you can find Stephanie's free pattern HERE. Have fun with it, I sure did! :) Come at me winter, I'm ready for you!


Happy crocheting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊