Week Ending (February 24)


Happy Sunday guys! I hope your week has been a good one. I think we've finally adjusted to Cohen's college timetable. The first few weeks were difficult but we've found our rhythm this week (which means more sewing time for me). Its a busy year for him and when you add in driving lessons, part time work and his social calendar its exhausting but, he's thriving!
Let's have a look at the links I found for you this week, I'm sure I can tempt you with one of these projects:

  • First up, I just love Katrina from the Organised Housewife, she is the sweetest soul and I always smile when she pops up in my feeds. This week she announced she has a cookbook on the way! Exciting! Her new Lunchbox Cookbook has 50 quick and easy recipes for the school lunches and pre-orders are open now - go grab yourself a copy!
  • Ashleigh from Sewrella released this Hand Dyed Simple Knit Sweater and I have shared the original pattern before but this version is too cute not to share. Ashleigh has her own yarn dying business as well as her crochet/knitting design business, so I love seeing all her patterns and what she creates with her own yarn. Sometimes you need to see yarn like this worked into a project before you try it yourself. I love it!

  • Also released this week is a gorgeous new design from Ali at Arabesque Scissors. The Spring Seed Packet - Marigold is the first in a series of designs and you can grow your own mini quilt garden. Isn't it gorgeous? There's a free mug rug pattern included with the pattern as well and its adorable.  She's also having a giveaway so make sure you head on over and show Ali some love :)
  • Zipper pouches are so popular, and I love these Confetti Zipper Pouches from In Colour Order. They look so fun and they would make lovely gifts for your sewing friends, kids birthdays etc. I'm pretty sure I need a bunch of these ones.
  • I know I shared my favorite cheesecake recipe with you earlier in the week but then I found this Pineapple Coconut Cheesecake. Oh my, doesn't that look yummy? I'm not a fan of crumb up the sides of a cheesecake so I would omit that part but otherwise...yes please!
  • The girls at A Beautiful Mess have put together a list of 30 Ways To Make Your Own Jewellery. There's so fantastic ideas in this post for jewellery and accessories and they all look quick and easy. Great projects to do with the girlfriends and daughters :)

{photo from Quilter Digest website}
  • And lastly, this Owl Pincushion is adorable! You can tie it to your sewing machine and it even has a little pocket for your scissors. I love this! You will need to purchase the pattern and while you're at her Etsy shop, check out all the other wonderful patterns she has on offer as well.

And that's my list for another week - a bunch of great projects to get you creating. I've got a couple of fun blog posts organised for you for next week, including the release a new mini quilt pattern (yes February did fly by a little quickly didn't it?), so stay tuned.
Also, I'm thinking of running a little sew along for Easter - possibly a quick quilt idea! Would you be interested. Let me know :)
Until then...Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊