Week Ending (July 21)


Happy Sunday guys! I hope your week has been a kind one! It the last day of school holidays so its back to college tomorrow! Cohen's third term will be a huge one with the big school production Matilda opening at our local theatre (he's one of the theatre techie's) plus all of his major assignments for the others classes - the ten week term should fly by for him! Secretly he's loving every single minute of college. :)

So are you ready for this weeks seven links? Lets see which projects inspired me:

  •  First up is this adorable How To Crochet a Fish Applique tutorial from Ariana Hall. You could use these little cuties to embellish any of your crochet projects or add them to your garlands or wreaths. Quick and easy project with a written pattern, photos and a video tutorial. 
  •  Sunday Best Quilts is a gorgeous new book full of quilty inspiration from Sherri L. McConnell and Corey Yoder and its out now! This talented duo have created some beautiful quilts and that all have that old world feel. Grab yourself a copy!

Butterscotch banana puddings


  • My must try recipe for the week are these Butterscotch Banana Puddings. How yummy does this look? I'm a sucker for butterscotch and they'll be perfect for a cold winters night. I'm looking forward to trying these.
  • I've followed Erin from House on Hill Road for forever and she used to make the prettiest camera straps (among a million other gorgeous things) and she now has a tutorial for her Patchwork Camera Straps on her blog. We could all use a fancy camera strap right? Head on over for her free tutorial.
  • BHooked Crochet has switched up the granny square with this Corner to Corner Granny Square tutorial. I actually love this! Its prettier than the traditional granny square and looks super easy to crochet. This one is a must try for me!
  • How do your feel about quilt shows? Lori Kennedy posted a great article about whether you find Quilt Shows Inspiring or Intimidating? I'm not a perfectionist (as long it looks good from a galloping horse, right?) but she raises some interesting points. Go have a good read!



  • And finally, how awesome are these Quilted Water Bottle Carriers? I'm pretty sure I need one of these for my water bottle. The pattern is a freebie and its a great way to keep your refreshments cool plus its quilted. Bonus!

So that's it for another week. I'm off to spend the rest of the day with hubby and Cohen before life returns to normal in the morning - I think a movie might be in order, and some cupcakes!

Next week on the blog I'll be talking about caring for your cutting mat and in my Classic Quilt Block series I'll be showing you how to add a twist to the Churn Dash plus I've got a fun free block pattern for you.

And if you haven't had a chance yet, sign up to my monthly Newsletter, the first one comes out on July 29th, YAY!



Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊