Week Ending (August 25)


Happy Sunday guys! I hope your week has been productive and fun! I've been super busy with wedding projects, my own projects, blog projects and all the little life upheavals that come with being part of a family! As things get crossed off the list there's hope that life will slow down again soon!

I did find you seven creative and inspiring links this week, so here we go:

  • First up is something a little different but very crafty. The girls from A Beautiful Mess have an Easy Stenciled Outdoor Rug tutorial that I just love. I'm planning on buying a new rug for our patio and this idea will add something special without too much effort. Love it!
  • The girls also have a tutorial for these Reusable Sandwich and Snack Bags and I like this idea for snacks - easy to carry around in your handbag or craft bag and less plastic waste! They have a vinyl coating which makes them easy to clean and they look pretty darn cute.
  • My must try recipe for the week is this Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding. Yummmm! After such a busy week I think I deserve a treat like this for dinner - that's all I need, maybe some cream and definitely some ice cream :)



  • I'm crushing on this Patchwork Wall Hanging from Betz White - I need one of these in my sewing room, don't you? What a great way to showcase some of your favorite fabric or to add some colour to that area of your home that needs a pick me up. So pretty!
  • The Barista Slouch Hat from Yarn and Chai is a must crochet project for me. I love the look of this hat and Rebecca's patterns are so well written and easy to follow. I'm adding this one to my list because you can never have too many cute hats.



  • Kerryanne from The Shabby Art Boutique has a sweet DIY Faux Patchwork Needle Keeper that you're going to love. Its quick and easy and would make an adorable gift or stocking stuffer for all your crafty girlfriends or a lovely addition to your own sewing space.
  • And lastly this video tutorial is a must watch for all hand sewers - Prevent Thread From Tangling. Its one of my pet peeves and there's lots of tips to stop the snarls and make your threads glide smoothly through fabric. Game changing!

And that's it for another week. I hope you found some inspiration for your creative week ahead.

Next week on the blog is the last Sawtooth Star post and I have a step by step tutorial for a block that is designed to make it impossible to lose star points, plus I'm hoping to show you my latest crochet project to come off the hook (as long as I finish it in time), and my August Newsletter comes out on tomorrow so make sure you check your inboxes!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊