Let's Give 'Em Pumpkin To Talk About!

Morning gourd-geous! There's pumpkins popping up everywhere at the moment and even though its Spring in Australia, Halloween decorations are starting to appear in stores and those little pumpkins make me so happy.

I decided to make my own this year and the choice was hard, there are so many amazing free patterns to choose from - I think I lost two hours trying to pick just one pattern. I thought I might put together a list of my favorite 21 DIY Pumpkins Patterns, both crochet and fabric, so you have them all in the one place as a quick reference.


Whether you chose to make them from fabric or yarn, they look so sweet as part of your Halloween vignettes. They're a quick and easy project and the best part is you can use what you have in your stash already.

I used the chunky cream tweed Lionbrand Hometown USA for my larger pumpkins and the gorgeous rust coloured Yosemite Lionbrand Heartland yarn for the baby pumpkins. I used the same pattern for both but I adapted it depending on the yarn thickness.


I've crocheted quite a few of these so far and they look great in shallow baskets or grouped in different places around the house, and the best part for me is that I can use them again next Autumn.

I've put together a list of my favorite 21 DIY Pumpkin Patterns and I've divided them into two lists - crochet and fabric pumpkins.  All of the patterns are freebies, so grab your yarn and let's start with the crochet patterns.

Crochet:

1. Free Crochet Pumpkin Pattern - Looped and Knotted (this was the pattern I used)
2. Knit Look Pumpkins - Maloo Knits
3. Crocheted Pumpkin in Two Sizes - 5 Little Monsters
4. Crochet Pumpkin Applique - Rescued Paw Designs
5. Farmhouse Crochet Pumpkin Pattern - Make and Do Crew
6. Easy Crochet Pumpkins - My Merry Messy Life
7. Large Crochet Pumpkin Tutorial - The Crochet Crowd
8. Free Crochet Pumpkin Beanie Pattern - Crochet It Creations
9. Mini Crochet Pumpkin - Handy Little Me
10. Little Rustic Pumpkin - Yarn and Chai
11. Pumpkin Pot - Hooked On Patterns



There was also a large selection of free fabric pumpkin patterns and you're going to want to try some of these. I want to make them all!

Fabric:

1. DIY Easy Fabric Pumpkin - Made To Sew
2. Modge Podge Fabric Pumpkins - A Pumpkin and a Princess
4. How to Make Pumpkins From Toilet Rolls - Living Chic On The Cheap
5. Plush Patchwork Pumpkin Tutorial - Positively Splendid
6. Fall Pumpkins Tutorial - Pink Suede Shoe
7. Vintage Pumpkin Pillow - Flamingo Toes
8. DIY Embellished Fabric Pumpkin - Alice Wingerden
9. Fleece Fabric Pumpkin - Fleece Fun
10. No Sew Fabric Pumpkin - My Sister's Crazy blog

And that's it. Lots of crafty inspiration to have you creating gourd-geous handmade pumpkins for Halloween or Fall. They give your home that festive touch and they are so quick and easy to make.

Have fun!



Happy creating :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing my Loopy Pumpkin pattern, I hope you enjoyed making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lisa. Its a fabulous pattern and I love my pumpkins 😊

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊